Your Favourite Breakfast Cereal? [General]

2008 Jun 23
I have always had a love affair with breakfast cereals. It's so versatile - I can be found eating a bowl as a lazy substitute for a meal, or even a late night snack.

Top 5:

Corn Flakes (Kellogg's or Nature's Path)
Honey Nut Corn Flakes (unfortunately, I don't think these exist anymore!)
Rice Krispies
Crispix
Corn Pops (my sweet cereal fix)

2008 Jun 23
I'm not a big dry cereal person, but I do like to have some around for quick breakfasts or as lunch/dinner when I am sick.

I like...

- Kashi Go Lean Crunch
- Kashi Honey Almond Flax
- Nature's Path Optimum Zen

2008 Jun 23
I rarely eat breakfast cereal - it's usually a Bagel Shop (whole wheat) bagel, one or three of my home made granola bars, or some organic granola from our natural foods co-op.

But I do like in no particular order :
- Vector (if you're going to eat crap, you might as well go all out!)
- Crispix (it's crispy times 2!), Life, similar cereals
- PC brand organic cereals (Ancient Grains, 7 Reasons)
- Shreddies or PC brand organic shreddies
- shredded wheat and mini wheats

2008 Jun 23
I have never been a big fan of breakfast cereal, and definitely don't like the sugary kid types (that's probably why it isn't one of my food choices, while other kids got off on Sugar Pops, Frosted Flakes, etc. I thought they were gross). When I was a kid, we mostly got hot oatmeal (could explain why that has fallen out of favour with me). Over the years my favourites have been: Shredded Wheat (those big bales), Raisin Bran, Harvest Crunch and Just Right. I guess you could say I like crunch and fruit in my cereal (everything that oatmeal never was).

2008 Jun 23
Maple Nut flavour Oatmeal Crisp is the best cereal EVER. In the sugary-crap catagory, I also have affection for Corn Pops, and Captain Crunch (besides the whole tearing up the roof of your mouth thing).

2008 Jun 23
I sometimes like The Raisin & Almond Quaker Harvest Crunch. Especially when it goes on sale through the winter months. Sale price = $2.99 for 800 (or 850)grams !!

Ocasionally I'll add extra's like coconut flakes, toasted almonds bits, and/or chopped up dried fruit like papaya, cranberries, mango, figs, dates etc.

Had Vector cereal once..... it tasted like chewing on multivitamin pills.

2008 Jun 23
I like the Harvest Crunch as well as Honey Nut Cheerios with sliced bananas on top. However, I almost NEVER eat cereal, I tend to opt for a bagel, egg, or fresh fruit (or a combo of them).

2008 Jun 23
Oh, I forgot the fresh fruit... it's yummy on cereal.

I wonder if all this rain is going to effect the local strawberry crop ?

And I wanted to go out picking this year.

I miss my red stained fingers.

2008 Jun 23
Top 5:

- Lucky charms, they're magically delicious :)))
- Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds
- Multigrain Cheerios, fruit loops, pretty much any loop works for me :)
- Quaker's Life Cereal(sorry Forest, they're not quite like box of chocolates but they are pretty yummy ;-P bwahaha....)
- All Bran "Guardian" they're surprisingly tasty!

Usually with some nice almond milk =)

2008 Jun 23
I was a big fan of Kashi GoLean (the one with the blueberries on the box), but now I am hooked on the President's Choice Blue Menu mueslix with dried cranberries. Yum.

2008 Jun 23

I ate nothing BUT cereal until I was 18. I always went through phases where I would eat one kind straight for months and then move on. Cinnamon toast crunch, cap'n crunch, shreddies, honey nut cheerios, apple cinnamon cheerios. The best was going to the states where you could get peanut butter cap'n crunch, or berry kix. Anyone tried corn pops in the states? They're different, more like deflated pops,I like them better. My all time favourite was Cruncheroos, they don't make them anymore. It was a yellow box with a big purple dinasour on the front and like cap'n crunch they tear the roof of your mouth. It was all about building up the tolerance.

2008 Jun 24
My problem is that I get bored of a particular kind of cereal before I'm halfway through the box. So my cupboard typically has a couple of half full cereal boxes slowly going stale...

Honey Nut Cheerios and All-Bran seem to be worthy of repeating. I buy a box of each maybe once a year.

My breakfasts typically consist of a banana and yoghurt or bread with cheese, or a banana berry smoothie.

2008 Jun 24
The Honey Nut Cheerios are my favourite!

2008 Jun 24
Somewhere along the line I lost the taste for the sugary cereals - it just tastes too artificial IMO. Having said that I like buying Nature's Path Ginger Zing, Flax Plus, or any of their oatmeals then sprinkle liberally with maple sugar! Lately I have been buying cereals in bulk because I like wandering up and down the aisles and taking a little of this then a little of that - kinda like having a cereal version of a salad bar.

2008 Jun 24
I like Maple Nut Oatmeal Crisp the most, as well as the Raisin one. Honey Nut Cheerios are always in the cupboard for when I run out of the Oatmeal Crisp!

2008 Jun 24
I grew up with a very, ahem, frugal father (and Mom reluctantly played along). I remember (and had a few nightmares over) bags of puffed wheat taller than I was. I recently bought a bag of puffed wheat...only 400 grams but it was the size of a standard pillow. (Hmm...campers?) The cashier looked at the bag like WTF is THAT? Then he tossed it in the air for a bit...delighting in its airiness. With a few drops of water you could shrink the entire contents down to dice-size I'm sure.
I had a bowl of it and, yes, it still tastes like...nothing!

My choices: Kashi GoLean, PC Ancient Grains, and (the heavyweight) Vector.

2008 Jun 24
Pasta Lover - Nature's Path Ginger Zing is my only choice for topping breakfast parfaits-for some reason it just has the right crunch and consistency- not too flakey, not too bran-ey etc. Just top cut-up fruit and berries with vanilla yogurt and sprinkle with Ginger Zing. YUMMO!

2008 Jun 24
Now, when it's winter I'm an oatmeal dude, and if I'm not just having toast or a bagel or something right now I'm all about Alpen. But Oatmeal Crisp, Honey Nut Corn Flakes (RIP?), Mini Wheats, and Crispix are great, too.

Secretly, though, I really miss eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast every day.

2008 Jun 24
I love Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, I eat it dry like a snack mix . I also like Corn Pops.

2008 Jun 25
My fav is Alpin