Please post your morel hunting photos!! [General]

2008 May 1
Its getting to be that time of year again.
Post your sightings, tips and finds here.
We should be seeing our morel crop within the next week or two!
Look in hardwood and lowland areas ie, oak, water systems etc...
Also check old apple orchards and old roadways, railways...
Good luck everyone!!

2008 May 1
I know the perfect spot... and it's a stones-throw from my place! I'll be out looking... with my camera! BTW - do you still have any mush left for sale?! I forgot to get back to you!

2008 May 1
I'm not a morel hunter--my most daring mushroom adventures are in the fall with puffballs (yummy in garlic butter). I have seen people out in droves--I mean alot of people! with (very large pails!) at Morris Island Conservation Area (near Galetta in West Carleton). My kids and I hike here in the spring and fall and I do believe because its a conservation area you are not supposed to take things out by the pailful but I've seen it happen and I'm I'm pretty sure we're talking mushrooms. Maybe you could find a property owner who would let you harvest if you don't want to ILLEGALLY HIT THE CONSERVATION AREA!..there are lots of large places up here. Also, even if you can't find a spot to harvest, the conservation area is beautiful for a family hike and picnic (boardwalks, beautiful scenery--get here before the end of May--the bugs are horrific.)

2008 May 2
Chim,
Hit me a up with a message on what your looking for. Quanity, species etc...
Im going out on sunday to scope it out again. Will give updates then..!!

2008 May 3
Anybody know if the mycophile society in gatineau is heading out this spring to do any picking? I can't find their website anymore. Can't remember what it's called.

2008 May 3
Butcher: you'd better be coming to the wine tasting on Thursday so I can pick some up from you ;)

2008 May 3
Mang, im soooo smoked at work this week, theres no way I can make thursday:( I would love to though. Im checking a couple spots out tomorow will let you know how it goes. Still needs to be a bit warmer, im searching for micro climats eg(place's that are a week or so ahead of us for weather)
P.s, momo I cant stop drinking that cave spring riesling!! I had a bottle with a rabbit, porcini friccasse the other night mmmmmmm

2008 May 3
I'll be going out tomorrow morning, I live on the Ottawa River, and there are a ton of good spots to check out! I hope I can find something!

2008 May 4
Went out this morning with my dog (she's a truffle hunter, LOL), couldn't find anything... it's a bit cold and wet right now, maybe too much so? I'll be trying again throughout the week - I have a large field behind my building with long-grass, decomposing foliage, etc. should be ideal! Alternatively, there's what used to be an orchard near Lincoln Fields transit station, not too far from where I am, I'll likely try there as well.

2008 May 12
Saw plenty in a conservation area where they can not legaly be picked.

I included a photo from yesterday (Sunday May 12th)

2008 May 12
Today I scored!!! I had a micro "mush rush" What a time of year to be out in the forest. No bugs, no people, just tha good ole birds and bees!! So we should be seeing this lovely spring treat along with wild leeks for the next couple weeks, and thats it!!! I urge you all to get out and have some fun and go for a "hunt". I'll be taking some groups of people out in the fall for a full on foray... Cant wait till then... But I will still injoy the summer...

2008 May 12
Those look awesome!

2008 May 13
Man, I should try to get out and hunt a little bit this weekend. So the trick to picking is also to be sure you shake them a lot, so you leave as many spores as possible for next time?

And there's nothing else that looks like a morel around here except for a morel, correct? I don't want to incapacitate myself or nothin'.

2008 May 13
Dont pick a verpa!! The cap is not pitted like a morel, rather "wavy" like a brain. Also the stem connects to the cap at the top of the stem, unlike the morel witch connects at the bottem.. I have not seen anthing but morels and Pheasant's-back Polypore (also edible see pic attached) out there so far.

www.michiganmorels.com

www.thegreatmorel.com/

2008 May 20
Very nice surprize yesterday morning, searching for morels and pow... A huge patch of oyster mushrooms!!! MMM pleasant anise like flavor and smell. Some of the best ive had (and left enough small ones out there to feed me for the next couple weeks!!) Have not been seeing any morels but have been seeing false morels(Gyromitra esculenta) Dam another one!! ohh look right over there its a, its a, dam false morel...

2009 Apr 24
Its that time of year again!!! Keep your eyes peeled and your fingers crossed! Post here with any finds that you come across. Im finding more than 3 this year..lol

2009 Apr 24
This was posted the other day in one of the blogs I follow and I thought of you Butcher

cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com

2009 Apr 26
They have come and gone there now. Zym be sure to check all the nooks and crannies of your yard as spring advances! Cool blog. Im planning on building a similar style drum smoker as hers this spring.

2009 May 7
Update on the morel front/hunt. Found half a dozen blacks this morning in armprior. There here!!!! Photo taking this morning. (may 7th)
Anyone else with anyluck? Folklore etc.. haha

2009 May 7
Yum - I'm going out hiking all weekend to forage, will post photos if I'm lucky!

2009 May 9
ohh yaaaaaaaa!!

2009 May 9
okay one more!!

2009 May 10
DB - went out, fiddleheads were done in the area I was at (entirely sprouted), saw old puffballs, young pheasants back, and what appeared to be a black trumpet (is that even possible this early)?

2009 May 10
Went out today - here's a morel!

2009 May 10
This is a false morel, do NOT eat these they will make you very sick!

2009 May 10
Black trumpet? Can't tell so I won't eat it.

2009 May 10
Really old chanterelle or something that was about the size of my forearm.

2009 May 10
Chimi, that looks like a half free morel. When you sliced in in half it the cap attached to the stem from the bottem or halfway up? Those are rare morels! enjoy! I found these tonight in the middle of the city just down a little off the walk way!! There everywhere so keep your eyes peeled!! That photo you have does not look like a trumpet. Is it soft or hard? Could be from last year. More pics!

2009 May 10
DB - from halfway up! Twas delicious, sauteed & added to my pizza tonight along with some others. Mine was found in the city as well!

2009 May 10
Young pheasant's back, or dryad's saddle. Tasty & tender when young (they are young right now and VERY plentiful where I'm hunting). Watch out for worms.

2009 May 10
Here's a cluster of pheasant's back.

2009 May 10
Jew's ear, or jelly ear fungus, found lots of that today. Commonly used in Asian cuisine.

2009 May 10
Another false morel, it was huge. Do not eat this one!

2009 May 10
I have a whole bowl of polypore squamosos "pheasants back" form tonight as well! Smells like watermelon rind, tastes kinda like cucumber? Wierd stuff, I like them raw!

2009 May 10
man if i ever attempted this i'd either kill myself or wind up trippin balls on some crazy shroom trip!

2009 May 10
Monty - It's not really that hard, anything you can't 100% identify, do not ingest! Just take a photo & try later. I did find some nutty 'shrooms on a heaping pile of animal turds inside a tree though, check it!

2009 May 11
I like Liberty Caps ... reminds me of 'High' School ... out in Cape Breton.

The hunt was on after the first frost.

Cow patties in grassy pastures quite often had them.

Tea was in order.

Haven't touched them in years .... hmmmm ... Are they native here?

2009 May 11
Cap'n - you certainly can find those in eastern Ontario, though I can't vouch for Ottawa specifically. Patty pastures are the best place to find them, or any place where a ton of migratory birds blow through (or both for that matter).

2009 May 11
I really would like to go a' mushroom hunting but, like Monty, I think I'd kill myself. (Gravestone: "It was a false morel.")
I see plenty of weird and wonderful mushrooms out there but they're usually growing out of/off a decomposing log or (what looks like) a bear turd. Tempted? Uh, no.

p.s. My sister in Richmond has these giant round/baseball-size white mushrooms on her property. No stalk on them really. I picked one - it was squishy and quite loaded with water/shroom juice beneath its thin but almost leathery exterior...then I quickly ran (plowing down everything in my path) to wash my hands. :)

2009 May 11
Cap'n - Some minor misinformation about those mushrooms in the news today (you don't make them with psilocybin like it's some ingredient, it's a compound naturally occurring in the psylocibe family of mushrooms). I found the address of the bust to be hilarious, I hope you will find it funny too:

Source: Ottawa Citizen, www.ottawacitizen.com
'Secret door' leads to $1.18M marijuana bust

2009 May 11
lol
yes, Chimi

2009 May 11
Chimi> That article is too funny. "Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic organic compound used to make magic mushrooms" hahaha Psilocybin is a naturally occurring compound of such mushrooms as liberty caps, cubensis, blue foots etc... They make it sound like mushrooms are made by combining chemicals! Too funny!

Amr> Sounds like giant puffballs to me on your sisters property. www.mushroomexpert.com

2009 May 11
I hit the motherlode tonight. Insanity! What will I do with all these mushrooms?!

2009 May 11
Just for scale... my hand vs. morel monster = epic mushroom win.

2009 May 11
Nice work chimi! Hope you didnt have to go too far to get them!! We still have at least 10 more days of this!

2009 May 11
I'll be out every night this week! My girlfriend lost it, it was the first time she'd ever seen these fresh out of the ground. Oh yeah, I saw lots of wild rhubarb sprouting like crazy - should be ready to pick in the next couple of weeks.

2009 May 12
I am jealous of you guys, this looks amazing...could you ever encourage desirable mushrooms to grow in your yard/property? Or would that take all the fun away?

2009 May 12
Trac - I guess you could try to spread some spores around your property, but it's likely you wouldn't see anything for a while, if at all. Morels are notoriously unpredictable when it comes to attempted cultivation.

2009 May 14
Trac>> I know some people who have done this and have been successful. You need to have a good host environment for them "ideal conditions" and alot of patients. It can take up to 3-4 years for your first crop! Some prime mushy's out there right now!

2009 May 14
first, i'm so hungry right now. Second, did the two of you lose digits in mushroom hunting accidents? Third, can you organize some sort of OF outing?

If too late for this year, pls think about organizing something for next year. This is why the internet was created!

2009 May 17
Itchy feet, I will try to organize a chanty/hedgehog hunt in july! I will check my calender and will post the event when I get the details sorted out.

Today is a good day... 2 lbs in one spot along with the first oyster mushrooms of the season! a toonie on there for scale.

2009 May 18
DB -- i realized (after posting) it was pretty darn presumptuous to ask that of you (or anyone), so i'd like to suggest something that works to your benefit as the organizer / expert.

Could be as informal as some sort of barter transaction, e.g., group pays for your meal type of thing. On the other hand, this is exactly the sort of "knowledge transfer" i'd pay for were it offered at my local community center, so i'd happily pony up a few bucks for the opportunity (and might talk a couple other friends into it, as well). just something to think about.

(((-resumes drooling-)))

2009 May 18
Ichy, I have been meaning to get some of you out for a while. I was supposed to do it last year, but I didnt get around to doing it. So we will do it this year!

2009 May 18
Yum! I struck out yesterday - no dice! Going out again today... maybe I'll get lucky.

If enough people are interested, I can provide transport.

2009 May 22
Hi everyone. This is actually my first post here.

I'm fairly new to Ottawa (hailing from Kitchener originally) and I'm wondering if anyone could point me to some good locations to find morels? I realize this information is often kept secret, but I would appreciate even just a general location as I can do some hunting on my own.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys/gals can provide.

2009 May 22
Clinch - there are lots of great forests and parks in and around Ottawa. Check the Greenbelt area and all the parks around here. Note that some of these parks do not allow picking of any vegetation, etc. so pick at your own risk (ie, a $100 fine is pretty typical on NCC property).

2009 May 23
Clinch> I would check around ottawa (100km radius) in the forest. :) You should find some if you really look hard.

2009 Jul 17
It took a while to find this thread that I had been reading and looking at the pictures (forgot that it was originally a morel thread) as I was wanting to post a couple of my mushroom pictures. My wife and I were on the the Greener Green Acres foraging tour with a knowledgeable mushroom identifier (aka Da Butcher) to help a couple weeks ago to try and get a kickstart on our mushroom picking (we'd only ever been once - found a nice patch of chanterelles in the north end of Gatineau Park). A few days after the tour we headed out into the bush where we live and after a while found a nice patch of chanterelles, mostly small, that I've been mining for a week now (maybe 4 doz, still popping up and growing though some animal keeps walking through the patch crushing a few and knocking a few over) as well as numerous other sites with fewer shrooms throughout the bush. Sadly a lot of the older, larger mushrooms elsewhere were well eaten by the numerous slugs (lucky little buggers). The pic is some of the ones collected the first day.

2009 Jul 17
Some picked chanterelles.

2009 Jul 17
Finally, something found in our lawn while cutting the grass. In the past we mowed and squashed these ash boletes but didn't this year, looking to identify them and find out if they are edible. Anyone ever tried them? They are about 3 to 5 inches across and I cooked one up tonight and we tried it - we both thought it had good texture and taste; I thought it smelled almost of chocolate but had had a beer which may have affected my sense of smell, and my dw didn't smell chocolate so I'll have to sniff them again - there are at least a half dozen beneath one tree and my dw found more beneath another.

2009 Jul 17
Nice Andy! Those do look like ash boletus but I would have to see the yellow looking pores to know for sure! Ash boletes are a great edible and you should consider yourself lucky to find a nice stash! Those are funny mushrooms that protect aphids in exchange fom the honeydue they produce while destroying the host tree.. Usually ash trees.lol
Im going out tomorrow morning before work to collect my bounty Ive been saving! I will post pics later..

2009 Jul 19
I found a ton of ash bolete today... will post photos.

2009 Jul 19
I've found a lot of the ash boletes in one of our neighbourhood parks (under/nearby a bunch of ash trees), and a few in our yard too. I'm not a big 'shroom fan, so someone else could get lucky.

2009 Jul 19
hi, I'm finding chanterelles, (just starting) and Kings are still popping fresh. Crown Coral tops the find today - i love the texture though not much flavor.

2009 Jul 19
Im eating lots of chanterelles tonight! There are alot out there right now! Lobsters are going pretty good too! Thx for the delicious potatoes Irishgal!

2009 Jul 19
Looks tasty Da B!
Now what about those brackets on high? I'm wondering what they are and did you get out to collect them? Or are they still waiting for you?
The picture is the underside of the ash boletes. We picked them yesterday - lost some as we waited too long to pick 'em =:0( ...I dried them for use later and froze some cooked ones to see how we like to use 'em frozen.
Looks like our chanterelles are about done here - slim pickins today. Did find a couple big red-pored boletes but they were a little old and I'm not so sure we would have eaten them anyways from what we read. Any thoughts?

2009 Jul 20
Andy- the brackets I posted in a couple posts ago are some oysters I collected!
Those are definitely ash boletes, enjoy. When you freeze them make sure that there covered in butter or olive oil etc... so no air gets to them! They will be great for up to 6-8 months like this.
Those big red pored boletus are beautiful (Boletus subvelutipes) and one of my favorites to find. Use caution when eating any red pored boletes, there best to be avoided all together or pick them and bring them to me!!

Here's a pick of some of what I brought home today. 4kg chanterelles, 2.5kg lobsters, 2kg mixed boletes! :)
Im having a "mush rush" right now. It will be over soon so get out there while were peeking!

2009 Jul 20
Holy smoke! You do have a magic touch with finding those shrooms! I'm impressed.
Cool video - who'd have thought to look to utoob for that? We did have the blueing. Good luck with your hunting; you obviously need it!?!

2009 Jul 21
a funny video of da bucther in the zone!!

2009 Jul 23
Hey there folks! Great forum! I grew up as wild edible enthusiast and am interested in regaining the passion... I'm in Guelph, ON. and was hoping to get outdoors and conduct some "hunting" of my own. I was picking black morels in Puntzi Lake, BC earlier this May so I know my morels, what else should I be looking for (fungi or otherwise) around now and do you have any suggestions of where I ought to be searching in the Guelph-ish/Wellington County area? Also, I've always dreamed of finding puffballs... they're later in the season right?

Thanks a bunch! I'll keep reading your posts to continue educating myself!

2010 Apr 27
Looks like it's that time of year again. I went out last night for my first morel hunt of the year. Didn't find any though. I still have yet to find a good spot in Ottawa.

Is anyone interested in getting together for a mushroom hunt this year?

2010 Apr 27
No morels yet. Dandelions, ramps, fiddleheads, etc. are all going strong. Not sure that I want to organize a hunt this year, but if one materializes I would be interested in participating.

2010 Apr 27
I am new to mushroom hunting and plan on just starting with morels for now and seeing how that goes as it seems like they are pretty easy to identify. I bought a couple books but haven't read much about other mushrooms yet. I plan on trying to identify other mushrooms, just not eating them. I went out yesterday for an hour hoping the morels would be up but didn't find any. I'm glad the last 2 posters didn't either, maybe there is still hope for me =)

2010 Apr 27
I would love to go out for a hunt. Have never done it before, but am familiar with shrooms.

2010 Apr 28
If you have the expertise and don't mind being a bit of guide I am very interested in this and would love to go. I offer my assistance in doing whatever it takes to help to make this happen.

2010 Apr 29
I'll be tweeting my finds (@morelsottawa) to help record when certain wild mushrooms are found throughout the year in Ottawa. I get out at least once a week to check on a few different growing spots around the Ottawa region. Last years yield got me a few pounds of morels, boletes and chanterelles, and I stayed mostly in town. I found a few hedgehogs, russulas, shaggy mane, and lactarius as well as coral fungus. If I have extra supply (as I did last year with morels & porcinis), I'm always willing to barter as well ;)

2010 May 2
Found the first morels of the season in Ottawa today, along with some nice fat ramps!

2010 May 2
It was a beautiful day out there today...

2010 May 2
Another one... with a baby one next to it, needing more water! Rain throughout the coming week will guarantee a nice morel crop! Cheers!

2010 May 3
Went on a walk tonight and ran into a cluster of yellows, this one was the largest. Epic morel win! It's huge! Dry land fish!

2010 May 4
Let me know when you have too many to eat and need someone to take some off your hands! ;)

2010 May 4
Momo - will do, you and itchy feet have first dibs on any surplus.

2010 May 4
Thanks, dude. We usually buy some from the Byward Fruit Market, but they aren't guaranteed to be from Ottawa, or even Ontario, or even Canada.

2010 May 4
I guarantee mine are from the Ottawa region. Mind if I ask how much they retail them for at the Byward fruit market? I've heard prices around 40-50$/lb are typical (which BLOWS MY MIND)

2010 May 4
Just checked on kijiji... $70/lb!!! UNREAL.
kingston.kijiji.ca

2010 May 4
Went on a natural food quest on the Carp Ridge-had ramps, wintergreen "berries", blueberry flowers (delicate and delicious)and took home a couple of "puff ball" mushrooms-sorry, we didn't see morels on this outing. Lots of mosquitoes though! Fun if you go with those who know what to look for!

2010 May 4
WC - garlic mustard greens are in bloom everywhere right now as well, commonly thought of as a weed, it tastes great in salads (think, peppery/mustardy/garlicky)

2010 May 5
Yup, that sounds about right. My wife and I had an old grad school friend of ours over for dinner a couple springs ago, and we decided to go all-out for dinner: lobster, asparagus, sautéed morels, butter, butter, and butter. And a little bit of butter on the side, so that the other butter didn't get lonely.

ANYway, I asked my wife to nip out to the Byward Fruit Market to pick up some morels for us. Nothing too extravagant, I said, maybe four per person?

You should have seen the look on my face when she called me from the store to say "It's going to be $66. You knew, right?"

I lied and said I knew all along.

2010 May 5
Wow. I'm in the wrong business.

2010 May 6
So I'm on a few acres of swamp, pine, spruce - lots of rock. I think I'll go take a look today to see what I can find - is this reasonable morel territory or do you need better soil? I think my land is similar to carp ridge description - but I'm not on the ridge.

2010 May 6
Morels are tricky little beasts... typically, if it's very rocky with little soil, these are not ideal conditions since the mycelium has nowhere to grow. Though I have seen half-free morels just laying out on some damp tall grass... others have reported morel growth in sand... given the types of trees you have growing around you, I'd venture a guess that you might find some black morels (which are very hard to spot as they blend into the forest floor really well). Go to hard/fruitwood forest to find other varieties... the base of elm trees (especially dead ones) are notorious for morel growth.

2010 May 6
Morels are peeping out in Smiths Falls area. Found these today under a few dead elm trees in our fencerow. Took some; there were lots left to grow a little bigger. I'm pretty excited about this, as these are the first morels I've ever found, outside of some false ones, and one little tiny half-free specimen. And they were spectacular fried in butter and a quick sprinkle of Salty-Don smoked rock salt................mmmmmmm!

2010 May 7
Nice find CountryStyle! I was out last night and found NOTHING (except lots of garlic mustard & burdock) in Ottawa... I think this cold weather might have stunted some growth... saw some underdeveloped ones. I'll be in the Kingston area, typically a bit warmer down there than here... should find a bunch while I'm out there.

re: false morels, some people reportedly eat them... do not do this, it's very dangerous as the mushroom contains a toxin which has been known to cause severe gastric distress & liver failure (some research indicates this toxin also has carcinogenic properties, with higher rates of stomach cancer in those who ingest this type of mushroom). Same goes with fiddleheads, make sure you are picking the right variety of fern, and NOT bracken as they contain carcinogens as well. Ostrich fern is mostly what you'll find here. Don't eat what you can't identify.

2010 May 7
First time poster here... I've been following this forum for a while and I'm very excited to take what I've learned to my parents' wood-lot. We find one or two morels there every year, but I've never been able to find a real patch of them (enough to feed a few people). I've watched a couple of foraging how-to's on Youtube, but these guys just seem to magically stumble on these magnificent morel patches. When I go out back into the woods, it's just this daunting expanse of greenery to me. So here's my question(s). I know I should be looking around the elm and old apple and cherry trees, but what's the most efficient way to forage? Should I be on my hands and knees? Following a grid pattern? Poking around under fallen leaves? My other question is; what's the window for morels? How many days/weeks do I have, starting now, to find these delicious little buggers?

Finally I'm going to have to add my voice to the growing chorus of noobs on this forum crying out for someone to take us all out back and show us where and how to forage for rare woodland treats. I'm willing to pitch in with whatever reasonable bribery/incentives are necessary!

2010 May 8
I'm going to chime in with OttoChef...I'd mentioned it last year too - I'd love a lesson in foraging.

2010 May 10
Me too. and a couple other guys I know as well.

2010 May 15
Found my first ones ever on a camping trip this week. Spotted them while portaging a canoe. It's rather difficult to pick mushrooms with a canoe on your head but not impossible.
I will admit they are tastier than most mushrooms I've had. I'm not a big mushroom person so perhaps I've just not experienced enough to appreciate it. I'd certainly pick 'em if I found 'em again, but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to do so, nor will I ever understand people paying $60 + per pound for the things.

2010 May 15
Went on a very short walk today... stumbled upon these... I've picked about 3 lbs now this season.

2010 May 16
today we hit the motherload

2010 May 16

2010 May 16

2010 May 16

2010 May 16
today we hit the motherload.

2010 May 16
Who is that mystery man at the picnic table with you? ;) I hope you enjoy them Pej! I think we took about 6 lbs today.

2010 May 16
WOW Pejjy!

2010 May 17
Good job, dudes! I'm impressed at how clean they look. Let me know when you dig in how much scrubbing they required.

2010 May 17
Momo - they were pretty clean, I soaked them quickly, brushed the stems off... had a few spiders & slugs creep out, not a lot of dirt... only one of them was really buggy, had an entire ant's nest inside of it... too bad, it looked beautiful on the outside. So far they have all tasted excellent!

2010 May 27
We went out two weekends ago and found a grand total of 4 morels. For those who have been out and about, do you think this upcoming weekend is too late in the season to try again?

2010 May 27
l4f - I think it's probably too late, we've had scorching heat and very little rain. One 'test' patch of morels I keep an eye on, and never fully pick, was brutally shriveled/scorched last week. We *might* get some late season growth if we get saturated with rain & cooler overnight temps... but I wouldn't put too much money on that right now. You could drive north, into Quebec, and maybe find some a few hours away.

2010 May 27
Chimichimi - Great idea re: the test patch! Thanks for the input though it was nto quite what I wanted to hear but I get it and thanks for the confirmation. *sigh* I still have a small amount of dried squirreled away from last year`s crazy finds but not enough to last long.

2010 May 27
l4f - sorry to break the bad news to you, follow me on twitter to get an idea re: mushroom growth in the Ottawa region, I'm using it to build a timeline of when is best to pick in this region. Cheers! www.twitter.com/morelsottawa

2010 Jul 11
Morels are long gone, chanterelles and various boletus, hedgehogs, oysters, chicken of the woods are next...

I only found a bunch of shrumps today, better kicked than picked, as they say.

2010 Aug 22
Mushrooms aplenty in Ottawa right now, the rainy & warm/cool temps have bumped up the growth in the region! I saw a few massive puffballs today, along with russulas, suillus, leccinums... ate some in my pizza tonight! Check out the puffball, could have played basketball with it!

2010 Aug 24
Chanterelles? Find any chanterelles? *nervous anticipation*

2010 Aug 24
Yes, just small ones. Not enough to share. This recent rainfall should have set some off in the bush, I'll be taking a look tonight and tomorrow potentially.

2010 Sep 13
I am offering Introduction to Mycology workshops in and around Ottawa.

Mushroom appreciation
mushroom collection
mushroom identification

for gourmet, medicinal and practical uses. (I am also interested in dye/pigment creation and printmaking) I am also able to help you get started growing your own gourmet mushrooms at home.

Weekly forages in a new location every time.
Mushroom walks are guided in English by an experienced local forager.

Sign up for an afternoon foray($25), or invite me to your favorite spot and I'll teach you what's good and what to avoid.

www.AlexisWilliams.net

2011 May 19
Morels are out in full force. Go get them while you can!

2011 May 20
Interested mushroom lady, but on your website the dates are only for the fall?