Atelier - WOW is it ugly! [Food/Vendor]

2009 Apr 30
Seriously, what is with this awful looking building?

2009 Apr 30
brb, popping popcorn

2009 Apr 30
Monty - Hold on tight to that popper, otherwise you might lose it to the guys over at Atelier as I hear they like to play with different ways of preparing food.

Marc Lepine - Love a man with a sense of humour... and especially one who can laugh at his own jokes.
;-)

Could you have found a worse picture?

2009 Apr 30
Chortle chortle, pass the popcorn to the left hand side.

2009 Apr 30
Trying to generate buzz through self-deprecation? ;)

Too funny.

2009 Apr 30
Hey, I can totally understand. Immersion circulators don't come cheap, and liquid nitrogen evaporates over time, so sometimes you've got to make some sacrifices. Facade-based sacrifices ;)

2009 Apr 30
Geez... maybe I should take it off my wish list - looks like it could be haunted!

:-)

2009 Apr 30
Haunted . . . with FLAVOUR?

2009 Apr 30
Know what guys, I had reservations for this weekend, but man, that building has really spoiled my appetite. I think I'll go to Harvey's instead.

2009 Apr 30
Maybe I'll take that reservation... I am amused...

2009 Apr 30
As the pastry chef, my life has been turned upside down due to the exterior of the building. I am forced to hide in the bushes, wait until no one is around then quickly run into the restaurant so no one sees me. It is quite embarassing.

2009 Apr 30
BOOK....JUDGE....COVER
LOOK...DISCERN...TASTE

2009 May 1
nothing a fresh coat of paint on the building and polish on the window grates couldn't fix ;)

the underground neighbourhood beautification team has your building in it's sights. sadly, we first have to tackle the duck-tape siding on the house behind you.

jokes aside, the neighbourhood has come a very long way. it went from a lovely, well-kept area decades ago, to a transient down-at-the heels kind of place. in the past 6 years it has slowly be coming back together. not gentrification (phew), but we have worked hard to move out the drug dealers (who used to deal in front of my house at all hours of the day and night), and slum lords, who left piles of garbage at the side of the road for weeks on end.

it is a wonderful neighbourhood to live in and the little italy community is growing with the new generation of buyers. with all the changes coming to preston street it will only get better.

there is nothing we like more than new businesses that take the time to integrate themselves with the locals in the area. if you ever need to know what is happening, just stop into lorenzo's for the gossip and great pizza.

2009 May 1
You guys are killing me! However I passed by 1000 Island Sushi last weekend for the first time. (I haven't been down Carling in awhile...) This restaurant has been getting good reviews on this site but I wasn't prepared for the gawdawful paint job on the exterior of the building. It could be competition for the ugliest exterior-;)

2009 May 1
Maybe some vigilante should paint the outside of Atelier the 1000 Sushi Islands lime-green.

Also, am now craving Lorenzo's pizza.

2009 May 1
John Carpenter was the first thing that photo brought to my mind, knife-avatar meets scary building. YUM! I feel a food-fetish coming on.

2009 May 9
Well, it seems I'll be the first (here) to say it...I really *really* like the minimalist exterior. And the paint IS fresh. Love it!
Though a question DID come up. I passed by for the first time this morning, cycling with a couple friends.
Me: "Heh! There it is! Atelier!"
Friend: "How do you know that's it?"
Me: "You just have to know."