Click here!

bacolicio.us

2009 Jan 31
I came across this website recently : bacontoday.com/

2009 Jan 31
I <3 bacon.

Bacon + X = Excellent (X)

2009 Jan 31
Sassalov's on Wellington makes BEEF bacon. It's awesome- just when you thought nothing could be better than bacon- they invented beef bacon...

2009 Feb 2
Speaking of bacon...

I was in The Gee-Tee Boutique (Giant Tiger accross from the Elmdale Tavern) recently with my hand on the 1 Kg of Perogies on sale for $1.28. These perogies have come to my attention by Zy ... see link ---> www.ottawafoodies.com <---

A buck twenty eight for a kilo of perogies (on sale from $1.67) ???? Can one even buy a kilo of flour and potato for a buck twenty eight ???

I dropped the bag back into the freezer. I thought, if it's too good to be true then it's probably not.

Instead I picked up a 500g package of Stirling Bacon for $1.49. Bacon from our favorite Listeria supplier often goes for 5 bucks for 500 g.

Sure it renderened down to less than half of it's original weight, but all standard bacon does.

Other than being just a bit too salty, it was quite a nice addition to my grilled (Polish) cheese sandwich and later in my ceaser salad.

Looks like I'll be buying more from the Gee-Tee Boutique in the future, other than shaving cream and disposable razors.

2009 Feb 2
I wanted to try a Wendy's Baconator once ...

2009 Feb 2
.... until I saw what a real Baconator looks like.

2009 Feb 2
Thanks Zy.

The Bacon Explosion is on my list of Foodie Goals for 2009.

I better double up on my Plavix and Lipitor or I'll be off to Kamp Keon.

2009 Feb 2
Here is a specific article for you on Bacon Today

bacontoday.com

2009 Feb 2
Cap'n - I should have taken a photo of MY baconator when it came out the other end! What a dis-ass-ter. Lets just say, the chemical properties of the colouring agents used in their processed cheese remain intact throughout the digestive process! OI!

2009 Feb 2
Thanks for sharing Chimi.

2009 Feb 2
That face largely sums up my post baconator experience ;)

2009 Feb 3
Hey! Don't be hating on the Baconator! It's not the most visually appealing of Wendy's burgers, but it's delicious nonetheless.

Though I will admit that I like the good ol' Big Bacon Classic far more. I've actually gotten one that looks "like the ones in the ads" on a couple of occasions. It's probably because there's far less grease in the burger, so things stay put ;)

2009 Feb 3
OMG, I cannot imagine how you guys can get thru one of those Wendy's Baconators... I once in awhile have a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, and I can't finish it... greasy overload (ok I admit it is yummy, but the grease does get to me).

2009 Feb 4
With all the cuts at Nortel they are introducing a new employee incentive program :

www.bugbash.net/comic/132.html

2009 Feb 4
i loved the story on the bacon-wrapped turducken
bacon, turkey, duck and chicken
now all you need is a yard of ale
and some sweet potato jojo's
(scratches head...hmmm...not seen jojo's since I moved east)

2009 Feb 4
Bacon Man!

see link for full construction

fp_images.s3.amazonaws.com

2009 Feb 4
The National Art Gallery already did the Meat Dress ... I wonder if they would buy my artistic ....

2009 Feb 4
... Bacon Bra !!!

2009 Feb 5
Bag o bacon...

2009 Feb 5
Captain C - We are sowwy but there was too much contraversy the first time!

Now if you use Prosciutto, they might reconsider... Proscuitto Wrapped Melons go good together.
;-)