Open for Takeout & Delivery during Covid-19 [General]

Mar 18
Can we start a list of places which are open for take out or delivery? Since most places are closed this can be a quick list
- restaurant name
- hours of service
- pick up only
- delivery radius

I think any breweries, coffee shops, bakeries, etc fit into this list too

Mar 18
Bridgehead is offering delivery for coffee beans.

we're offering FREE shipping when you buy 2 bags of beans or 2 boxes of pods! We are working on getting orders out as soon as possible and will drop it right at your doorstep!

You can purchase at Bridgehead.ca!

Mar 18
Dominion City Beer offering driver thru pick up

www.dominioncity.ca

Mar 18
Bicycle Craft is offering free delivery when buying 12 cans or more.
twitter.com

Mar 18
This was posted in the Orleans Ontario Foodie group on Facebook recently, it really only covers the East end though

www.google.com

Mar 18
Ching's Kitchen is open for delivery via Doordash, Food Highway, and Cmeow.
www.facebook.com

Mar 18
New Mee Fung is open for takeout and delivery. Their facebook page says: "Online orders can be made on Uber Eats and Doordash for delivery or from newmeefung.com and via phone for pickup."

Mar 18
Kochu (Preston) is open for takeout and delivery.
kochu.ca/

Mar 18
Cumin Indian Grill (Somerset at Bank) is open for delivery and is sticking with their regular business hours for now. It's not clear whether takeout is still available.
cuminindiangrill.ca/

Mar 18
Cheshire Cat will do any regular menu ordering (pick up only) and frozen meals and ice cream.

Mar 18
Narrow use, but Cedars is offering free delivery for elderly and people under quarantine in their store neighborhoods.

Mar 19
Brew Donkey has a list of breweries/distilleries/wineries doing delivery here

www.brewdonkey.ca

Mar 19
These are OPEN. No signage.
-----------------------------
Berlin St Food (Bank St)
Bread & Sons (Bank St)
Dosa & Curries (Gloucester St)
Edible Arrangements (Bank St)
EuroMex (Bank St)
Great Canadian Poutinerie (Bank St)
Golden Baguette (Bank St)
Shawarma King (Bank St & James St)
Subway (248 Bank St 11a-2p 4p-7p)
Yeng Fung Ding (Somerset St W)

* Take Away and Delivery*
Bronson Pizza (Somerset St W)
Jadeland (Somerset St W)
Mekong (Somerset St W 3:30p-9p)
Saigon Pho (Bank St)

* Take Away Only *
Ben Ben (Somerset St W)
Coco Bubble Tea (Bank St 2p-9p)
Coco Bubble Tea (Merivale 2p-9p)
Coco Bubble Tea (Laurier E 2p-9p)
Dumpling Bowl (Somerset St W 12p-6p)
Gabriel Pizza (Bank St)
Go Gi Ya (Bank St)
Greek Souvlaki House (Bank St)
Hello Kitchen (Somerset St W)
King Shawarma (Bank St)
Ottawa Pizza (Bank St)
Roast n' Curries (Bank St 11a-2p 5p-8:30)
Santosai (Bank St 11a-9p)
So Good (Somerset St W starting at 3p)
Social Thai (Bank St)
Spark Beer (Somerset St W Bottle Shop open 12-8)
Takeout King (Bank St)
Yang Sheng (Somerset St W)
Yangtze (Somerset St W M-F 4p-8p S/S 11-3p 4p-8p)
Yun Shang Rice Noodle (Bank St)
1 for 1 Pizza (Bank St Somerset St W)

* Delivery Only *
Asian Kitchen (Bank St)

If you plan to go, call. I notice something was open yesterday but was closed today.

Stay safe.

Mar 20
Excellent thread; if we want to see our favourite shops/restaurants in business three months from now, then we absolutely have to support the ones that are open during this shutdown, never forget that any small amount of business helps.

Misto Fine Foods in Hampton Plaza
- daily menu of soup, pasta and hot sandwiches
- takeout Italian dishes and salads

Nicastro on Wellington St West
- takeout menu of Italian foods
- delivery of menu and grocery

Parma Ravioli
- takeout Italian food

Thyme and Again
- takeout menu

Also...

Siam Bistro
Sushi Umi
Won Ton House
Parma Ravioli

Mar 20
I have to wonder if we're going to see permanent decline in people eating in restaurants.

I was in a McD's one time and noticed how few people were actually eating there compared to the take out, drive through and Uber Eats orders going through.

So I started to think months ago that we were beginning to see a big shift in dining habits and I have to wonder if COVID-19 is going to accelerate it.

Mar 20
Lansdowne Take Out Delivery

www.tdplace.ca

Mar 21
Merry Dairy.
We're just about to go do an ice cream run.
Create an order and pay online, then pick it up at the store. Easy.

On another note, a strip club in the US is doing topless delivery (no contact, obvs) and calling it Boober Eats.

Mar 21
Cozmos Souvlaki is open for take-out

Mar 21
Skip, Doordash, and Uber Eats are all still working and offering 'contactless ' delivery. No lack of driver's I suspect.

Mar 22
East India Company is open for take out.

Mar 23
From the buffet or do they prep orders?

Mar 23
Anthony's Pizza is doing takeout! Apparently they'll be on Uber Eats soon.

Mar 23
osolomeal they are doing prep orders. The buffet is closed.

Mar 23
The Colonnade on Metcalfe is open for take out.

Mar 23
Edible Ottawa has a list of local food services broken down by type of service: edibleottawa.ediblecommunities.com

Thanks to the Red Apron's blog for posting this.

Mar 23
Is it true that even take out/delivery restaurants are shut down as of the 24th?
This is what I have heard.

Mar 23
We will find out tomorrow when Doug Ford will release the list of non essential services. From what i've read, grocery stores, pharmacies, LCBO stores, and restaurants offering take out/delivery will be allowed to stay open.

Mar 24
When booze, pot, and cars are still being sold, you know that the word "essential" is being used quite liberally. It looks to me like the retail/service businesses being considered non-essential are primarily those peddling entertainment or vanity.

The tricky thing about food is that, while essential in and of itself, there are food businesses whose product is focused more on entertainment, vanity, or luxury than on sustenance. I wouldn't want to be the one drawing a line between essential and non-essential food businesses, so I understand why the government has left it open ended for now.

Much respect to Supply and Demand for posting this on Instagram prior to shutting down: "I personally am not convinced that what the world needs right now is kale salad and bucatini. I think the world needs to stay inside."

Mar 24
There is definitely a fine line between what is essential and what isn't.. I really though the LCBO stores and restaurants would close but they won't be. They mentioned on the CTV morning show earlier that the provincial government will reassess the list at a later date.

Mar 24
Saw this explanation on twitter and it makes some sense. Regardless of this I'm going to take this time as an opportunity to cut down on drinking and eat clean and low carb. There's never been an easier time to go on a diet for me with tons of time to cook after work, bars closed, restaurants closed and my girlfriend in quarantine working at the hospital.

For the people wondering why the LCBO is an essential service:
Part of alcohol addiction is physiological. Without access to alcohol, some people would go into withdrawal and die, especially w/ limited hospital beds. We do not need to add more deaths to this pandemic.- Hilary Agro

Mar 24
I heard wrong.......

Mar 24
I have heard same as TheNatureMan regarding the LCBO. The last thing healthcare workers want during a pandemic is hundreds of beds being taken up by people suffering alcohol withdrawal.

As for take out, some people live in very small spaces and simply can't store 2-3 weeks of food with them. Take out is essential for some of these people.

Mar 24
What some may consider a luxury, is an essential to others.......
But seriously, does anyone NEED kale?

Mar 24
I spent most of last weekend hunting and ice fishing on crown land and didn’t run into anyone. Was quite the contrast seeing a zillion cars lined up along the highway to get a picture for Instagram to show they were social distancing at the eagles nest. Only place I went was the gas station where I wore gloves. Will be back with my tent this weekend if the weather holds up.

Mar 25
Some Ottawa restaurants have linked up to offer scheduled delivery.
Note some adjusted their menus for more family friendly offerings.

Totally worth a look...
responsiblechoice.ca

Mar 25
None of them are close enough to my house :S

As for needing Kale, my pet bunny does!

Mar 25
James: Your wascally wabbit can have mine........

Mar 25
"For the people wondering why the LCBO is an essential service..."

Alternative fact: LCBO stores generate $1.2 billion for the province annually (that's just the retail income received, the taxes collected are on top of this) and they will need every last cent of this revenue to stem the economic hemorrhage that this crisis will yield.

Mar 26
Two Six Ate has takeout and is also working on a Grocery box program. Thursday is skirt steak frites w caesar and more. Serves 4 for 65. More than reasonable for the quality of the food here.

Mar 26
Johanna, yes that's an excellent point about LCBO profits being critical for offsetting some of the cost of this crisis. And it sure was forward-thinking of the federal conservatives to bring in the GST 30 years ago... ;-)

TheNatureMan also raised a good point that losing access to alcohol could be fatal for those with severe alcoholism. While it may be hard to justify exposing LCBO employees to COVID-19 exclusively for the benefit of alcoholics, it is yet another bit of evidence that things are rarely as simple as they look!

Mar 26
Plus also, last time the government shut down access to alcohol went so well in the 1930s.....

Mar 27
I saw this last night and it had me smacking my lips. Meal boxes from La Cantina in Osgoode (though prepping out of Kemptville now, but delivering widely in the city and region).

m.facebook.com

Mar 29
An interesting option from the folks behind the now-closed Asian Alley: a giant pot of phở, delivered, for $125. They say it's 18-20 portions and needs 1 day notice to prep. www.instagram.com

Access is via www.upku.app

Mar 30
GIANT POT OF PHO!

Mar 31
Hanabi Japanese Cuisine is open for take out and delivery.

Mar 31
Just to let you know that Chef Kent Van Dyk has been building an AirTable with all the info he has found/received so far.

airtable.com

I'm going to direct him to this thread to see if there is content he doesn't have yet and he can then populate your input.

If you have info you want to send to him, he is at @chefvan_dyk on Twitter and @chefvandyk on Instagram.

I find it more helpful to look at the AirTable on my laptop than mobile.

Edible Ottawa has a link to this now too at the bottom of their list on their website. I don't know if the list that they have is advertisers only.

As I have come across lists, I have been directing people to Kent in case they weren't aware of his project.

Seems to make sense to work together on one repository.

Hope everyone is holding up okay. Really want our Food and Beverage scene in Ottawa to make it through this tough time.

Mar 31
Nickels has taken over the Chenoy's space at the multiplex off Maloney in Gatineau. They currently have curbside pickup. 15% off regularly priced items. They also have 3 items that are $10. Club, fries and slaw; smoked meat, fries and slaw and pickle; smoked meat spaghetti. From these specials $1 goes to a charity.

Pretty good food overall, the club is huge, the smoked meat is the best I've had in the area. The fresh cut fries are also very good.

Apr 2
I believe that the Gatineau Police would see that picking up food from the Quebec side is not essential. But then I could be wrong.

Apr 2
I walked by the Ottawa Bagel Shop this morning and they are closed at the moment, but someone was putting up signs and it sounded like they will be re-opening for delivery (not sure about pickup) tomorrow, April 3rd. I don't have the details but checkout their webpage or social media as I'm sure they will advertise. Parma Ravioli is closed. Herb and Spice and Wellington Deli (aka Saslove's) are both open and practicing the usual congestion controls.

Apr 4
This is another resource to find local spots to order from and support:

www.together-apart.ca/

Apr 5
Not restaurant related but open nonetheless. La Bottega will be re-opening tomorrow. Staff will now be wearing gloves, plexiglass shields have been installed, and timed entry will be in effect.

Apr 7
The Wellington Diner recently opened for takeout and delivery after being closed for a while.

Apr 7
Pasta Lover, do you know if the take out sandwich bar is open?

Apr 7
Unfortunately not. The restaurant at the back of the store is also closed as well as the olive bar.

Apr 7
Pasta Lover, do you know if the take out sandwich bar is open?

Apr 8
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. And don't even ask about the olive bar!

Apr 14
PiRho grill is open for takeout and curbside delivery. They are on doordash now. The food is awesome, fresh and healthy. If you haven't tried it you should.

Apr 15
Really craving a decent smoked meat sandwich and can't get to Gatineau, so we're going to give Bobby's Table in Vanier a try. The pictures give me hope.

Apr 16
Abandon hope.😀

Apr 16
Louie’s Pizza on MacArthur might be an option. They just seem like the kind of place that could do a good smoked meat.

Apr 16
@Rizak
Where is Gatineau has good smoked meat?

Apr 17
Has anyone tried Markie's Montreal Smoked Meat on Carling? markies.ca/pages/home

Apr 17
Re:Markies: haven't yet, but I plan to. I didn't know they were there until I read about them in the Citizen.

Apr 28
Having had their business wiped out by Covid 19 Chef Jason and Tanya have pivoted and are now doing an upscale takeout / delivery service. They have a weekly menu for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and you sign up for one by 4pm the previous day.

We are signed up for Saturday this week - can't wait! Visit this site for details

my-site-essencecatering.square.site

May 18
Zak's Diner on Elgin is now open for takeout/delivery. If you get takeout they will give you a 10% discount

May 28
I’ve been ordering from buchipop burrow shop for pick up and have been really impressed. They are adding lots of new options each week and quality of produce is great. I use it as a top-up to my regular grocery run and a way to access the local goods I’ve been missing. I think pressed is doing similar, but I haven’t tried that option yet.

burrowshop.buchipop.com/

May 30
North and Navy serves up an excellent take away meal that is ridiculously good value (Family Meal #1 specifically).

May 31
Most restaurants have pivoted to a takeout and/or delivery model. Some did so as soon as they got shut down but others started later as time went on. Many are using Love Local Delivery by Responsible Choice. The participating restaurants are broken down by neighbourhood.

Jun 3
My wife and I had an excellent dinner from Wellington Gastropub last week. Short ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, aspargus, custard for dessert. $70 for 2 people. I think the menu goes up on Tuesday for Friday and Saturday pickup. Check out their instagram page, which should be linked on their website.

Jun 3
Freshii in Westboro is open for walk in but not eat in.

Jun 4
Tavern on the Hill will be open for takeout only starting today.

Jun 11
La Diperie in Westboro has re-opened

Jun 12
Interesting, I thought La Diperie closed for good back in January. There was a post mentioning it was papered up anyway

Jun 19
Little Victories coffee shop on Bank St. has finally opened up again, but they have moved operations to a take out window down the alleyway beside the store.