Mill Street Brewery coming to Otttawa [General]

2011 Apr 15
As reported on the CBC web site:
www.cbc.ca
Mill Street Brewery is taking on the lease at the former Mill restaurant. I think this is good news for Ottawa! Hopefully they pull off a decent restaurant, as their beer is already pretty decent.

2011 Apr 15
sourdough Thanks for posting this. I haven't been to the Mill Street brewery in TO yet but I have tried their beer already and it is quite good and I can highly recommend it. Their Toronto establishment is a brew pub so they brew the beer on premises, they have a restaurant in the brewery, and they also operate a retail store in the same building. They also offer brewery tours. It sounds like they will be modelling the Ottawa location on the Toronto location. This is very exciting news indeed.

EDIT: Their beers are already available through the Beer Store if you would like to try some in advance of the brewery opening... I have only tried their Tankhouse Ale so far but it's quite good. I'm not affiliated with the brewery in any way - I'm just rediscovering beer-;)

2011 Apr 15
Astounding; Two very good brew pubs within a 15 minute walk (Brasseurs du Temps and Mill Street Brewery). I am very happy about this turn of events and I certainly will be checking them out!

2011 Apr 15
Wow this is the most excited i've been about a future opening in a long time!!m Thanks for the post!

2011 Apr 15
Ottawa moving up. Can't wait!

2011 Apr 15
Oh.
Yes.

Best use of that location, ever.

2011 Apr 15
Hope it's much better than Brasseurs du Temps which is terrible.

2011 Apr 15
Great news! I'm a big fan of Mill St.!

2011 Apr 16
This was always such an obvious use for that space. Only problem now is going to be finding a seat by the river on a sunny day next summer.

Most exciting part is that we get access to Mill Street seasonals now. They're top notch brewers.

2011 Apr 16
Mmmmm...Mill Street Organic :-)

2011 May 31
It looks like the new Mill Street Brewery is expected to open on October 1: ottawa.ctv.ca

2011 Jun 1
Stripped bare of any reminders of the Mill Restaurant? Yes.

Brewed on-site? Oh YES.

Excellent news. Mayhaps they'll have a nice fall seasonal to start things.

I've been to the Toronto brewery, but onyl sampled beers at the bar, I never had the time to eat, so I can't comment on the food. Brasseurs du Temps' food is a bit inconsistent - it seems to degrade when it's fully busy; but I liked some of their beers quite a bit.

Having competition might have them work a bit more. Always good. :)

2011 Jun 2
I wonder: Do you guys have any inkling about what type of jobs will be available? I don't mean restaurant-related jobs -- serving is not my forte. Something on the brewery side might be interesting!

2011 Jun 2
I just re-read the article and it looks like they'll be doing some brewing afterall. Hmmm, butcher or brewer? :-) Would be pretty sweet to work there honestly - so close to my house I could walk. But I never really wanted to be a pro brewer so I'll stick with butcher.

Not sure there would be much on the brewery side other than brewmaster, yessi. Breweries that small typically just have 1 brewer who does all the shitwork too like cleaning and so forth. Though there may be someone training as a backup.

2011 Nov 9
It looks like Mill Street Brewery won't be ready until the end of November. They have already posted some photos on their facebook page showing their progress: www.facebook.com!/media/set/?set=a.10150310825278022.339360.18499958021&type=3 Apparently they will be offering promotions for the grand opening.

2011 Nov 10
Their website shows January 20th for the Grand Opening.

www.millstreetbrewpub.ca

2011 Nov 10
Can`t wait for this to open...great spot for 5 à 7!