Fish Tacos Coming to Food Truck [Food/Vendor]

2012 Mar 21
To: bluberry, monty, Chimichimi et.al.

Yes, fish tacos coming to Bite This.

Owner tells me today as soon as she settles back in for her new season, she plans on adding fish tacos and a mediteranian wrap to the menu.

I'll come back here and ring the dinner bell when she has the fish frying !

With luck will have two fish taco places this summer, if they end up serving them at the new taco hut.... going into the old Emerson Used Car Lot. (next to old Hintonburger location)

Hey fellow fish taco lovers, gimme some thumbs !

2012 Mar 21
Thanks Captain Caper! 2 options for authentic fish tacos is positively luxurious!

2012 Mar 21
ashamed to say i still haven't been to Bite This and i am in the area frequently. this is my reason to stop in!

thanks CC

2012 Mar 21
Excellent news Captain - lets just hope they make them right - fried fresh, good sauce and cabbage.

2012 Mar 22
Having had my first fish tacos last Friday at a diner down south I look forward to trying them locally. I was impressed by the flavours and textures and the sauce was spectacular - the CIA trained diner chef knew how to do them up right, I guess, though I as yet have nothing to compare them too - gotta fix that.

2012 Mar 22
I recently had a fish taco at Burrito Burracho in the Byward Mkt - thought it was quite good...I'd definitely recommend checking it out, they were done in the style that sourdough mentions above: Double corn tortilla, deep fried tilapia, shredded cabbage, cilantro and ancho mayo.

2012 Mar 22
new taco stand will do fish tacos

ottawa.openfile.ca

2012 Mar 22
The fish tacos, they WILL be mine.
Oh yes, they WILL BE MINE!

2012 Mar 22
We went snorkeling in Akumal Mexico this winter and stopped at an authentic Taco hut (Lucy's Kitchen). We had the best Empenada and crispy fish tacos, the fish was huge!

2012 Mar 22
Menu. Please note the prices are in Pesos. 25$ = about 2.25$ Can.

2012 Mar 22
Cute taco stand

2012 Mar 22
Awesome, the chef at TacoLot is also the frontman of Ottawa's premier ska band, Rudeboy! They sometimes play across the street at the Elmdale. Scott was a longtime chef at Irene's and definitely knows how to rock out and cook, probably at once. We are in for a treat.

2012 Mar 22
Yay - more cheap-eats in my hood, can't complain!

2012 Mar 22
since we're talking about it, anyone know the hours of operation for Bite This?

2012 Mar 23
It's usually something like 10 - 3 ... or whenever they feel like closing up. I'm sure the hours are listed in their listing here.

2012 Mar 23
A few pics of TacoLot today at approx 12:45pm.

A line waiting to order and another line waiting for food.

2012 Mar 23

Today's menu.

2012 Mar 23

One on the left taking orders and the other two preparing food.

(picture taken through the open back door of the hut)

2012 Mar 23
Finaly!!! I usually make them at home.

Mahi mahi fish tacos..yummmm! Good old Cali tacos.

2012 Mar 23

Someone's order at the pick-up window.

PS: I spotted Richard Nigro, Chef/Owner of Juniper's Bistro in the crowd at the TacoLot. He was with a couple of 'suits' who were making notes in their leather bound notebooks.
What to read into this ? One of the towns top/celeb chef's going to get into a 'street food' venture ?
Maybe ? Maybe not ... this foodie can dream anyway.

2012 Mar 23
From the amount of twitter chatter and line-ups and sell-outs after only 24 hours in business, tacos are the biggest thing to hit Ottawa since... tacos.

Just for the record - Elmdale Tavern has good beer on tap and you can bring in your own tacos/donuts/burgers/wood-fired pizzas/art-is-in sandwiches....