Mackintosh's Toffee? [Food/Vendor]

2009 Oct 5
I used to love this stuff when I was a kid and always keep my eyes open for it, but I never see it anymore :(. Does it still exist? Can it be bought in Ottawa?

Thanks, guys!

2009 Oct 5
I have seen it at the Scottish and Irish store in Bells corners.

2009 Oct 5
Vorpal - Although Mack (Mackintosh) was originally a Canadian company, it was bought out several times over... think Nestle now owns it. Anyways, all the toffee is now made overseas in The UK / Europe and the bars sold in Canada are imported. I haven't seen it in a really long while... agree with Cake Lady you might want to try one of the local English, Irish, Scottish stores.

PS... Let us know if you find some... your post has brought back memories (and a craving)
;-)

2009 Oct 5
I would try Sugar Mountain as well. They usually have many candies that are only available in the UK anymore.

2009 Oct 5
I'll check the Scottish and Irish store tomorrow! Thanks for the tip, everyone... I've been craving this for a couple years now.

Omnivore: they definitely don't have it at Sugar Mountain. I have a friend who's a complete candy addict and so I make regular trips to Sugar Mountain, and every time I go, I take a peek and have never seen it :(.

2009 Oct 5
ottawafoodies.com/vendor/1527 does. They're next to MEC in Westboro.

2009 Oct 6
I see it all the time at Bulk Barn

2009 Oct 10
The Candy Store doesn't have this toffee. They carry Walker's Nonsuch toffee. Walkers is a better toffee, in my opinion. Does the same thing and tastes incredible with a glass of scotch.

2009 Nov 24
While we are on the subject of "toffee" today (several other Forum topics)... I thought I'd "bump" this old conversation to let everyone know that I saw Macks (Mackintosh) in the candy aisle at WalMart over the weekend... it wasn't the honkin big candy bar format... which most of us are probably familiar with, but individual wrapped candies (like a bag of Werther's) but perfect for an occasional treat.

NOTE: The photo here is from the WalMart Website, and is what the package actually looks like.

2009 Nov 24
Toffee and Scotch is not a combo I would have thought of. Sounds interesting ; ) I'll have to give that a try!

2009 Nov 24
If not Sugar Mountain, perhaps the Swiss Baker (billings bridge). Or, Bulk Barn has a surprising selection of British candies, for whatever reason. I bet they would have it

2009 Nov 24
I saw them at the Scottish and Irish store in Bells corner last week. I always go there first for British items, saves driving arround. They have wonderful Yorkshire Gold tea!
Lots of gift items from the Isles.