Free Kashi Granola Bars [General]

2009 Mar 24

2009 Mar 25
Thanks just signed up for it.... let me know if you ever see their frozen dinners in Canada, I see the ads in magazines, but they are probably just available in the US now. I never eat frozen dinners but I like all their other stuff, cereals/bars etc. so maybe I would like their dinners too!

2009 Mar 26
Thanks! I've been meaning to try them.

2009 Apr 8
I got my coupon on monday

2009 Apr 8
As did I Zym... haven't gone to cash it in yet.

2009 Apr 8
I also received the coupon Monday (thank you for the heads up), picked-up the Cherry Dark Chocolate and vote it: delicious.
I'm a big fan of their cereal, Kashi Go Lean. It has protein (13g) and fibre (10g) or 20% and 40% respectively of RDV, per one cup serving - rare for a boxed cereal. You feel like you actually did eat something with just a cup.
I highly recommend it. It's very good with nuts & dried fruit as a trail mix.

2009 Apr 9
I used mine to get the peanut butter bars. I don't generally buy anything peanut, because hubby accidently puts it in the boy's lunch and then all hell might break loose at school!!!! But anyways, it's weird cause they say they are 'Chewy' bars but really they are almost halfway inbetween the hard quaker type and chewy. Hard on your mouth when you are expecting tender! I like the Cherry Dark Chocolate but the 8yr old won't eat them, so stopped buying them. We'll see if he eats these, might be too hard for him. The prices for a box were 3.99 at Indep. and Loeb so it's a good deal...Free...Thanks for the tip.

2010 Jan 15
Free cereal this time

www.allkpass.ca

I guess if you got the free bars before, you probably got an email about it already

2010 Jan 15
Can't wait for my Toasted Berry Crisp to arrive!

2010 Jan 15
Awesome stuff. Thanks for the notice.

However, Honey Almond Flax Flavour shall win the day!

...it's like the branding people didn't even try with that one...

2010 Jan 15
I just ordered my fruit berry kashi - thanks zym.

On another Kashi note I brought home 2 boxes (15 bars each) of Kashi granola bars today; I wasn't impressed by the dark chocolate and cherry ones I had before but...these ones are Pumpkin Pie, Raspberry Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Coconut. I don't know if they will be any good but I guess I'll find out. The reason I have them is that a person who shops at Costco for supplies for our snack/breakfast/lunch program in school bought supplies yesterday and delivered them today. When packing them away I read the label, where it clearly states in bold letters "contains...walnut, pecan, almond, and peanut...." As our school is peanut free and we have kids allergic to other nuts as well. The box also has pictures of each bar, and all are covered in a layer of chocolate and liberally covered with chopped nuts. She should have been wearing her glasses! And we don't have money to burn and I know Kashi bars are expensive (2x's the price of peanut-free Quaker Chewy bars in the Food Basics flyer). I feel bad tonight because after requesting my cereal sample I checked on the Choc. Cherry granola bars (I had handed some out at school in the fall) and realized that that they too contained peanuts - I hate to think what that could have done. My mistake for assuming that when I took over delivering the goods to the kids that what had already been bought and delivered had been vetted. Monday morning I'll be checking the classroom food baskets for any of those bars that might remain at the bottom!
Anyways I hope I like their "new" bars - have to eat them any place but school though. And I hope other staff buy the remaining boxes.

2010 Jan 15
The cynic in me wonders how much our carbon footprint will needlessly increase by having a single serving of cereal mailed to our home.

Anyway, I've requested the Toasted Berry Crisp because I'm curious to try it. I don't typically buy Kashi because I to avoid incorporating soy products into my daily routine, but if it tastes good... ;-)

2010 Jan 16
For the bars they mailed coupons which could be redeemed at the store.

But honestly, if you are worried about carbon footprints you should not be eating this stuff to begin with - no matter where you bought it.

2010 Jan 24
Initially I thought the carbon footprint you guys were talking about was from eating the bars, not the transport by mail. They do have a lot of fiber ! :-)

2010 Feb 8
Got mine - and they did ship cereal! A little wee tiny box if it, the cheap bastards! How's that for looking a gift horse in the mouth? Sorry, they set the bar too high last time with a coupon for a whole free box of bars :-)

2010 Feb 8
They did mention on the website that it would be a single serving of cereal. I got mine today too -- haven't tried it yet..

2010 Feb 9
I received the Honey Almond Flax version. Two thumbs down. I like their Go Lean cereal "enough", but I find the rest of their products lacking in flavour compared to equivalent brands (even Kirkland kicks their butt).

They do have a good marketing team though... you have to, to sell anything at the prices they command in the grocery stores.

2010 Feb 9
I had the Honey Almond Flax and really liked it, but I already knew I really liked it... so.. no surprise there. I like that it's not too sweet like most cereals.

2010 Feb 9
I had the fruit one. I suppose you would like it if you liked cardboard. That is all.

2010 Mar 9
I finally got around to eating mine - wow that was disappointing! My first comment to my wife is that it tasted like Captain Crunch! Which is not exactly what I expect from a high-end product. I checked the box and that little wee box contains 13g of sugar!!! WOW!