Toilet Restaurant [General]

2008 May 11
An interesting idea!

www.travelcentre.com.au

2008 May 11
LOL! I bust a gut when I read the following line, "His idea came from a popular Japanese comic featuring a robot doll fond of eating excrement in ice cream cones."

2008 May 11
LOL ... a Taiwanese entrepreneurial twist on the ideas of George Castanza (i.e., of blending food & sex)?

Also enjoyed the diner's admission (toward the end of the YT video) that he (and family) hadn't ever tried eating on toilets before "...not even at home". (i'm assuming there was some nuance lost in translation?)

2008 May 12
I can't believe anyone would want to eat while sitting on a toilet not to mention out of one? I wonder if they pack their take out food in diapers?

Seems to be a fad though, this past weekend I went to a club in Toronto and one of the bars in it had a public bathroom theme. Lots of tile and toilets. Have to say I did not stick around in that room for a drink.

2008 May 12
Ashley posted a similar thread in the Forum Topic "Incredibly Stupid Food / Resto Names" www.ottawafoodies.com about a restaurant in Taiwan and Hong Kong named Modern Toilet - there are also lots of photos in that topic.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... It just grosses me out!

2008 May 12
My brother just returned from a trip to Taipei. I sent him zymurgist's link and asked if he ate there. He replied no, but went on to suggest that the food probably tastes like crap. ;-)