Opening 2019 !! [Food/Vendor]

2019 Jan 5
Browns Social House coming to Ottawa this month. It's at 160 Elgin St (Place Bell).
brownssocialhouse.com/

2019 Jan 7
The price of their menu items seems a little steep. I can't imagine paying $11 for avocado toast or $8 for fries or $20 for fish and chips... There are plenty of restos in the area where diners can spend their money and at a more reasonable price point. I hope their food is really good to justify the prices.

2019 Jan 9
Corner Peach had their official grand opening last Thursday.

2019 Jan 10
Stubbe on Wellington now open (www.instagram.com). There's also a new coffee shop open in the place where Kava was (410 Bank, at Florence).

2019 Jan 10
OCCO Kitchen is opening a new location downtown at Albert/Bay where the Black Bear Pub used to be.

2019 Jan 24
The house beside Morning Owl Rochester (north side, not Atelier) has a development application notice attached to it. Can’t remember exact words but “they” want to change it from a residence to a restaurant. I believe it’s owned by Morning Owl but could be wrong.

2019 Jan 24
It is owned by Jordan, who owns Morning Owl (and also owns part of RAW I think)

The plans say
- 2 story restaurant
- take-out service
- seating for 20 patrons
- 90 sq metres gross floor space
- ground floor will be kitchen and take-out space and seating
- 2nd floor will be food prep and storage

They had already converted the back yard of both Morning Owl and this house to paved parking

The house will stay as-is, not be demolished, but facade will be changed and front porch updated.

2019 Jan 24
Pure Kitchen on Preston is now open (as of Jan 4 I think)

2019 Jan 26
Montgomery Scotch Lounge (www.instagram.com). At night, where Oat Couture is.

Owl Café and Meeting Place (www.cbc.ca) (www.facebook.com).

Ministry of Coffee, 18 Beechwood Ave.

2019 Jan 30
Happy Goat, Rideau at Cumberland (a good location, where Hakim Optical used to be) (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jan 30
Time to change the thread title to "Cafes Opening 2019!!"

2019 Jan 31
Pastel & Coco, vegan bakery, 63 Eddy, Gatineau (www.pastelxcoco.com/).

2019 Feb 3
A new deli, "Little Italy Fine Foods" will be opening up in the heart of .... err... Old Ottawa East.

It's on Main Street just a few doors up from Sula Wok. They've been renovating it for about a year, but finally the sign is up and it looks like they are stocking the shelves. Not sure of the exact opening date yet.

2019 Feb 8
A Dunn's Express has replaced the very short-lived Babino's greek on Carling @ Clyde. The greek place was really good, but alas it only lasted a few months and now we are stuck with another Dunn's.

2019 Feb 10
They won't have to change the sign! (www.ledroit.com)

2019 Feb 18
Newly opened. San Jose Mexican Foods 640 Somerset West (EX Monopolatte, Le Twist Bakery)
sanjosemexicanfoods.com/

2019 Feb 18
San Jose? Does anyone know how to get there. . . . . . . . .?

2019 Feb 19
I do, in fact, know the way.

2019 Feb 19
Some sort of mango smoothie bar called The Fresh Mango will be opening up in Blackburn. A juice and salad bar where I BETTER NOT SEE ANY frozen mango given the name of the establishment.

A better name might have been Mango Unchained!

Exciting times ahead for Blackburn.

2019 Feb 26
Pubblico Eatery, 'a Brooklyn Italian dive bar in Ottawa' (1331 Wellington St W, looks to replace Agave Grill) (www.instagram.com) (www.instagram.com).

2019 Feb 26
Asian Kitchen opened up where the Greek place used to be on Bank and Lisgar

2019 Feb 27
'a Brooklyn Italian dive bar in Ottawa'

Good grief...

2019 Mar 2
Pietro's Corner coming to Preston (www.instagram.com).

2019 Mar 2
OCCO Kitchen, 160 Bay Street (www.occokitchen.com/).

2019 Mar 3
And as Pietro's moves into their former location, House of Fresh Pasta is moving to the old pawn shop spot on Wellington West, a block or two east of Bread By Us.

2019 Mar 4
The new OCCO looks a lot nicer than the Orleans location.
Man, I wish some fresh life would be injected into the East end.

2019 Mar 6
What do you mean? The east end now has their own Clocktower and a BITE Burger House! Not to mention Lone Star and Benny&Co.

I imagine being in the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel contributed greatly toward the decor versus their Innes Road location.

2019 Mar 7
Uncle Tetsu (Japanese Cheesecake) opening on Elgin Street. Previously Boko Bakery

uncletetsu-ca.com/

2019 Mar 7

"Uncle Tetsu is a great traveler searching for dreams, romance, and delicious food around the world!"

That must be some epic cheesecake.

2019 Mar 7
You're right G-Lo, I haven't made it to Benny & Co yet but Bite has been fantastic (almost) every time I've been there. I guess I mainly mean some more independent places along the lines of St Martha's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, we definitely have great options, many of which I haven't yet been to, but I would love a nice cocktail bar.

2019 Mar 8
San Jose Mexican foods, 640 Somerset West [Stittsville food truck 'coming soon'] (sanjosemexicanfoods.com/).

2019 Mar 8
Margo Caribbean Food has reopened at 606 Rideau St (formerly at York and Nelson). they have amazing chicken so I am stoked!

2019 Mar 13
La Diperie, the Montreal chain of dipped soft-serve, opening soon at Richmond and Golden.

2019 Mar 14
Royal Prince, a Caribbean place in the Eastview Mall, where the Black Irish Pub was.

2019 Mar 18
That place will probably constantly be confused for shawarma.

2019 Mar 19
Caribbean/shawarma fusion takeaway, coming soon to a stripmall near you.

2019 Mar 20
Shelby Burger is going in where Golden Bubbles used to be.

2019 Mar 20
Wild Child Coffee Project is going in in Westboro - www.wildchildcoffeeproject.com

2019 Mar 24
Chop Ottawa. 250 Hunt Club Road.
chop.ca

Yes. They're putting it in right next to Bâton Rouge Steakhouse. I don't see this as ideal placement.

This is a chain of high-end steak houses all across Canada now. I've noticed that a lot of them are located near an airport. I'm sure that the rent is cheaper and that's part of their business model.

2019 Mar 25
Sandman Hotels and the Chop Restaurant banner (among others) are both owned by Northland Properties, a real estate company out of BC.

They tend to put their restaurants on the same site as their hotels, (at least they do in Vancouver).

2019 Mar 26
Reopening of The SmoQue Shack at 89 Clarence, where the Clocktower was before it moved to Rideau (www.instagram.com) (www.reddit.com).

2019 Mar 27
Long awaited Thru concept in is opening in May. It sounds like limited evenings and using a ticketing system, kind of like Next in Chicago. Thru is a special limited seating area in the Atelier space.

2019 Mar 27
Where did you read about Thru? I can't find anything recent online.

2019 Mar 28
Yeah, I found an Ottawa Citizen article from March 2016 saying THRU would open in a few weeks on the 2nd floor above Atelier, I'm guessing it never did?

Actually, when I went to Atelier a couple years ago we dined on the 2nd floor. Did they just choose to expand the Atelier seating instead?

2019 Mar 28
Yup, there is something in the works ;)

twitter.com

2019 Mar 28
I got the message from a trust worthy source ... I'll leave it at that.

2019 Apr 1
Tickets for Thru go on sale April 2.
thru.tickit.ca/

2019 Apr 5
'Pho Ha noi 4 seasons' opened in the space where Pho Bo Ga 1 used to be (Lebreton St N).

2019 Apr 6
Cinnaholic will be opening up soon at Landsdowne Park. Gourmet Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. www.cinnaholic.ca/

2019 Apr 7
Eldorado Taco on Preston, now open (www.instagram.com) (www.instagram.com) (picgra.com).

2019 Apr 7
Cinnaholic, an American chain selling vegan (?) cinnamon rolls 'coming soon' to the revolving list of businesses at Lansdowne Park (www.cinnaholic.ca/) (www.facebook.com).

2019 Apr 7
Wolf Down, Berlin Street Food, opening in May where Herb & Spice used to be on Bank (twitter.com).

2019 Apr 8
Mimos Fried and Grilled Chicken, Lola and Queen Mary (twitter.com).

2019 Apr 10
New and much more prominent location for Angry Dragonz food truck (opening for the season on April 23), O'Connor and Albert (I guess where Ottawa Streat Gourment was) (twitter.com).

2019 Apr 10
Sweet! Close enough to my office that I can actually walk there on my half hour lunch break.

2019 Apr 10
I heard Shawarma Palace in Carling is moving to the Wong’s Palace building soon, their current location is listed for lease.

2019 Apr 12
Saw a brand new bright orange Little Caesar's sign in the strip mall at Montreal Road/Shefford, I guess it'll be opening soon. Not sure what was in that store front before them

Hot n ready!

2019 Apr 13
692 Coffee and Bar, Manotick (www.instagram.com).

2019 Apr 15
The Dunn’s on Elgin will become a Zak’s Diner in the fall. The windows with the Zak’s posters were tagged Ottawa street gang style, yo.

2019 Apr 16
Happy Fish Raw Bar, 330 Elgin (where Kat & Kraken was; that was fast!), April 18 (www.happyfishrawbar.ca/) (www.instagram.com).

2019 Apr 16
there is a new place going in on Somerset, next to Yangtze on the ground floor called Spark Beer as per the liquor license applicaiton in the window... this is all I could find on them
spark.beer/

2019 Apr 16
Cumin will be opening up in the space where Cafe Delish/Basmati was (Somerset W & Bank).

2019 Apr 16
Hi Jru. I did not know that the word could be used as a derogatory term for describing persons; I used it in my post as a term for street gang graffiti, which was the only meaning for the word that I was aware of at the time. After seeing your question and reading up on it, I’m now aware that the word is very old, and has been used in various countries and cultures, with each applying their own different meaning(s) (some positive, others negative) to it over time. I apologize sincerely for using the word in my post and to those who have been offended. Unfortunately, I cannot remove the word from my comment as the edit function has been lost – perhaps Warby could remove it?

2019 Apr 16
panfishpete: Done. With some creative editing... hope it's okay. Thanks for your awesome response to this!

2019 Apr 16
based warby

2019 Apr 17
Here is a link to the Wolf Down website and menu - Doner sounds exciting! I asked for further info via Facebook and they were very helpful.

www.wolfdown.com

2019 Apr 17
So basically, it's German Shwarma. Which yes, we have heard of. It's usually served on Pizza in Halifax.

2019 Apr 17
German shawarma served on pizza in Halifax.

...i think my taste buds just imploded.

2019 Apr 17
Ottawa Streat Gourmet to be back at usual spot Queen and O'Connor (twitter.com)!

2019 Apr 17
Wait, isn't angry dragonz going there?

2019 Apr 17
Angry Dragonz are moving to O'Connor & Albert

2019 Apr 18
German doners?!!!!!! I am in!

2019 Apr 18
Pranzo Italian Deli just opened today right at fisher/Meadowlands

2019 Apr 21
Island Kafé, where Blossom was. Gilmour at Elgin. Haitian, a cuisine oddly lacking in Ottawa. (www.facebook.com) (www.facebook.com/islandkafe209).

2019 Apr 21
There is also Prince Cuisine, a Haitian restaurant, on Selkirk St in Vanier by the Beer Store (the old Black Irish Pub).

2019 Apr 21
The Newboro, 295 Richmond (twitter.com).

2019 Apr 25
A date has been set for the opening of Zak's on Elgin. Looks like they are aiming for September 1st. They will not be open 24 hours like the one in the market since the owner wants the staff to get trained and he wants to get a feel for the neighbourhood: ottawacitizen.com

2019 Apr 25
Looks like NH 44 was missed, it apparently opened in February and has a nice write up by Peter Hum:

ottawacitizen.com

2019 Apr 25
There is a new Indian place opening up just down from Co Cham.. sorry I didn't get the name or snap a pic of the location but I saw a poster on my way to Corner Peach this morning for coffee.

My office is in Chinatown and this area is getting super amazing with the variety of new and different offerings opening up... if I was opening a resto.. I'd be doing it in Chinatown!

2019 Apr 25
6567, I saw that too -- think the name on the poster was Mehfil (sp?). Going into the spot where Superhot L.A. is (was?), which I think is also where Seasons Pizza was before moving a few blocks east.

Outside of Haldi on Preston, there's a dearth of sit-down Indian in the neighbourhood, or even take-out.. Kaashi closed, so I think it's just Super Sweet Mart now. Guru's in Hintonburg is the only other sit-down option nearby. Hoping it's a good spot.

2019 Apr 25
Something called Gray Jay Hospitality is opening in the old Domino's on Preston. Liquor license in the window. But zero web presence, so no clue what it even is. Restaurant? Catering Company? idk

2019 Apr 26
Z3 Specialty Coffee, 'Japanese specialty coffee house', in Kanata (Unit 50, 150 Katimavik), with serious pour-overs and some wild looking drinks (z3specialtycoffee.com/) (www.instagram.com). The website doesn't work properly in Firefox.

2019 Apr 26
Yunshang Noodle House is the name on the building permit at Bank and Somerset where Pho Bo Ga Truc was.

2019 Apr 26
Crêperie Rim, 89 Sparks (near Metcalfe), 'opening soon'.

2019 Apr 26
butwhoami I have so many questions!
- Indian Express is still around, right? Just west of Plant Bath?
- The Domino's on Preston closed? But I...But we...nooooooooooooo now where will we get our pizzaaaaaaa

2019 Apr 26
re: Gray Jay, there was an article back in March in Ottawa Magazine - ottawamagazine.com

2019 Apr 26
Creperie on Sparks, hmmmm....?

Eeeeeeeenteresting.

2019 Apr 26
From the Z3 menu:
"Yakult drink
Yakult (ヤクルト Yakuruto) is a probiotic milk beverage fermented with the bacteria strain Lactobacillus paracasei Shirota, first isolated from the human intestine..."

Uh... poo drink?

2019 Apr 26
I'll pass thanks.

2019 Apr 26
3Cents Pan-bread and Coffee appears to be going in just north of the LCBO on Bank south of Walkley. Also, in the lot between the Pizza Hut and Swiss Chalet there is a proposal for a Starbucks with a drive-thru.

2019 Apr 26
POO DRINK!!!!

2019 Apr 27
Save your money and make it yourself at home.

2019 Apr 28
Korean BBQ House will be opening up in the now closed Clover restaurant.

2019 Apr 30
Streat deets (twitter.com).

2019 May 1
@momomoto

rest assured the 'best butter chicken in ottawa' as voted by some people, somewhere, at some time is still available. Love Indian and live nearby, but I've never once felt inclined to go there. Am I missing out?

And yeah, now you have to walk down Wellington to get your Domino's at the old KFC/Hintonburger. I'm sure you're still in their delivery zone though :) But who needs them when you've got Xtreme Pizza on corner of Preston/Eccles

2019 May 2
Inside the Hilton Homewood hotel at Queen/Lyon there is a new chic looking restaurant called Tulip. Cozy chairs and an interesting food and drink menu suggest I should try it soon. M-T from 5-7 there is a 3 beer & 3 small plates special (see pic). Always exciting when new options open on the West side of downtown!

www.opentable.ca

2019 May 2
Eldorado Taco has opened at the base of a new small condo building on Preston - corner of Preston & Laurel St. E. Have not been but when I walked by last week it looked VERY busy.

2019 May 3
There is a black food truck parked in the Kunstadt parking lot on Bank (at Clemow in the Glebe), the home of many a passing food truck, with no markings except for a logo shaped like a burger labelled Big Town Burgers.

2019 May 3
Korean BBQ house (Go Gi Ya) soft opening lunch special. Bank St, where Clover used to be.

2019 May 3
Cinnaholic (Lansdowne) Grand Opening May 24 2019

2019 May 9
Farinella opening up "really soon" in Little Italy - www.instagram.com

2019 May 9
The Berryman has re-opened, with a new name on a small chalkboard sign I didn't quite see. No sign yet tho.

2019 May 9
Expansion at Dumpling Park (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 9
Mehfil Authentic India Cuisine opening soon at 792A Somerset.

2019 May 9
Home of Fresh Pasta (sign in window saying it was opening in April), at Wellington and Merton.

2019 May 9
The Witches Thicket Café (vegan), opening where Hintonburger was.

2019 May 9
Gray Jay Hospitality is seeking a Liquor Licence at 300 Preston (where Domino's was).

2019 May 9
Nicastro's in the Glebe sells Home of Fresh pasta in their freezer case.
Tried the lobster ravioli, it was ok and some vegetable kind I liked a bit more.

2019 May 10
The Pelican Streat Gourmet food truck? (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 11
Pascale's Ice Cream retail window, 571 Gladstone (across from The Red Apron), June 1 (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 11
Mehfil on Somerset is now open. Balloons and all! Saw a banner saying 10% off for grand opening

2019 May 12
Osmow’s in the Market is now open. On the rocks or On the sticks is finally here.

2019 May 15
Chili Thai Takeout opened 2 weeks ago where the original OCCO takeout location used to be, across from Place d'Orleans mall at 3018 St Joseph Blvd. Seems to have good reviews so far

2019 May 15
Chilli Thai is very good! Authentic handmade food. They are very good at accommodating dietary needs as well

2019 May 15
@butwhoami : OK, good, we are in delivery range for what it's worth. Now, for Indian Express? It's been 6 years since the last time we ate there, but it was pretty OK at the time. I'd be more than happy to try again and report back at some point.

2019 May 16

2019 May 17
It is the grand opening of Maht Korean Restaurant, 726 Somerset W. They seem to sell various bowls.

2019 May 17
Kanata Noodle House Buffet, Innes Rd., where Eclipse was, June 3 (www.reddit.com).

2019 May 19
Wolf Down is now open (www.instagram.com) (www.wolfdown.com/). It looks great (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 20
Crêperie Rim, 89 Sparks (near Metcalfe), now open (www.instagram.com/creperierim/) (twitter.com).

2019 May 22
The Pascale's retail shop opens June 15 - same little mall on Gladstone that has True Loaf - with a take-out window, and distribution for Adam Bakes and Mad Faux Cheese (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 22
Not brand new, but I haven't seen mention of Ke Ola Poke, 66 Rue Eddy, Gatineau (www.facebook.com/KEOLAPOKE/) (www.instagram.com/keolapoke/).

2019 May 22
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that Pascale's opens June 1 and they're having a "grand opening" on June 15.... I could be wrong though...

2019 May 23
Farinella appears to be open. It is on Rochester, tucked in around the corner from the Nutty Greek. (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 23
Tamis Café is having their grand opening this Saturday from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. They have been at their Bank Street location for awhile now but they have now finalized their full menu and samples will be available. www.facebook.com/tamisottawa/

2019 May 26
There is a new steakhouse called Chop beside the new Sandman Hotel on Hunt Club (250 Hunt Club West), 'coming soon', though both it and the hotel look close to being finished (chop.ca).

2019 May 27
Euro Bites food truck at the Covered Bridge Brewing patio in Stittsville (www.instagram.com/eurobites/).

2019 May 28
Cinnaholic is now open at Lansdowne (www.instagram.com).

2019 May 29
Cinnaholic is a growing chain, so they must be doing something right. However, their claim of 100% vegan, dairy & lactose-free, egg-free and cholesterol-free doesn't seem like what I'm looking for in a cinnamon bun treat. I'd give it a try before saying that for sure, though. That's just the kind of fair-minded guy I am.

2019 May 29
Maybe when you order it they just hand you an empty plate. Also, no calories and no carbs! Having said that, the stuff on their Instagram looks like food (www.instagram.com/cinnaholic/).

2019 May 29
Basically it's pure sugarcarbs slathered in sugarsauce.

...this is not a bad thing.

2019 May 30
Streat Gourmet will be resuming service on Tuesday with a Taco Tuesdays theme: www.facebook.com

2019 May 30
YYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019 Jun 1
Equator Coffee Truck (twitter.com).

2019 Jun 2
As a follow up to Streat Gourmet they will be moving one block up so they will be located at O'Connor and Queen. Also they will be going to debit and credit only - no more cash.

2019 Jun 2
Late to the party, but Momomoto and others who liked Preston St Dominio's. They just moved a few blocks away into the old KFC/old Hintonburger location in Hintoburg, across from Giant Tiger, beside Elmdale Tavern

2019 Jun 3
Tomorrow's menu for the new Ottawa Streat Gourmet food truck (twitter.com). Not to be the complainer, but we only have a handful of food trucks left, almost all of them, with the wisdom of the City of Ottawa, within a block or two of each other, and two of them sell only fish.

2019 Jun 3
New gelato at the Saturday Main Street Market - Rigby Fiver (www.instagram.com) (www.instagram.com/rigbyfiver/). Also, at the same market, Mamie Clafoutis has a stand (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 3
The Sula Wok food cart - 'Asian tacos' - is going to be at Sparks and Metcalfe (www.instagram.com). I like the Sula Wok restaurant on Main as it is like getting an education in various types of otherwise impossible or difficult to find Asian cuisine.

2019 Jun 3
1) re Streats - WOOOHOOOO@ ...don't care re no cash, would eat there is they only accepted blood.

2) "only have a handful of food trucks left" - is that accurate? are those that fold not being replaced?

3) Sula Wok - WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooooo! ...now if only they did momos as well as tacos from the cart.

2019 Jun 3
Posted this in the wrong forum, oops!

Alice is opening on Adeline St. Major renos have been going on, but their Instagram posts make it seem it is getting close.
Vegetable focused 8 course tasting menu restaurant by Chef Briana Kim

www.facebook.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

2019 Jun 5
Peter Hum summarizes the large number of new Ottawa restaurant openings (ottawacitizen.com). The new Zak's (where Dunn's was on Elgin), and Gitanes (where Oz Kafe was on Elgin), are news to me.

2019 Jun 6
The Ola Cucina store is coming (www.instagram.com). Also, a second Merry Dairy food truck, perhaps not significant unless you are capable of being in two places at the same time (www.facebook.com).

2019 Jun 8
Short Reddit thread on new restaurants, including Sí Señor, 506 Rideau (www.reddit.com) (www.sisenor.ca).

2019 Jun 8
Morning Owl Coffee Shop has taken over where the Filing Station used to be.

2019 Jun 8
alice, taking reservations, opening June 14 (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 8
The Vietnamese Restaurant Chez Anh is, on some Saturdays, offering Persian food (www.instagram.com). I can't wait for the Vietnamese-Persian fusion food.

2019 Jun 9
Sasloves on Wellington (not the market) has changed ownership and is now Wellington Butchery (www.reddit.com) (www.facebook.com)

2019 Jun 9
The Thirsty Maiden, coffee shop, 65 Denzil Doyle Court, Unit 116, Kanata (www.instagram.com) (www.instagram.com) (www.thethirstymaiden.com/).

2019 Jun 9
Central Pub and Eatery, 478 Bank (where The Berryman Pub was) (www.centralpub.ca/) (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 10
"The Vietnamese Restaurant Chez Anh is, on some Saturdays, offering Persian food"

...wait.... what?

2019 Jun 11
I'm having some trouble nailing it down, but it looks like the Toronto halal burger chain Hero Certified Burgers is opening soon in Kanata (there is already one in Cornwall) (www.instagram.com) (www.instagram.com) (heroburgers.com/).

2019 Jun 11
Interesting about Chez Anh, the last two times I was in the area and tried to go they were closed. Will have to check it out, I have to imagine they have new staff and are better organized by now which was the main reason I lost interest in going.

2019 Jun 12
This place is legit, and the Mexicans are famous cold dessert makers, so this should be good: Somerset Mexican Ice Cream. Opening June 18, 11 am, in the parking lot of the Shanghai Restaurant, 651 Somerset West (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 12
There will be 3 "shipping container bistros" opening up at Remic Rapids, Confederation Park and Patterson Park as part of an NCC pilot project: www.cbc.ca

2019 Jun 14
Hero Certified Burgers is showing up on Skip the Dishes today as 1950 Merivale Rd. They seem to be available for ordering on the app but I can't find any info about that location online.

2019 Jun 17
It may be a ghost kitchen.
www.cbc.ca

2019 Jun 17
Still better than a zombie kitchen.

2019 Jun 18
I hear they have good brain there. . . . .

2019 Jun 20
Last Train to Delhi, 103 Fourth Avenue (www.facebook.com).

2019 Jun 20
Collabo-X-Cafe, 108 Third Avenue (www.facebook.com/collaboxcafe).

2019 Jun 21
Looks to be a newish breakfast/lunch place in the food court at Place de Ville - Station Express Café (www.stationexpress.ca/) (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 21
While attending at the Rib Fest on Sparks, I couldn't help but notice that Riviera has a 'snack bar' - snacks apparently being oysters and cocktails (I was too early to see any menu) - with tables on the mall, and Rabbit Hole also has an outside mall area.

2019 Jun 24
Riviera Snack Bar (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 25
Tulip Restaurant & Bar in the Hilton Garden Inn, 361 Queen Street (tulipottawa.com/) (www.instagram.com). Marketing at a higher level than your usual hotel restaurant.

2019 Jun 25
Re Station Express Café, pretty sure that's been there forever, but it had a facelift.

Whatever the coffee place at Bank and Queen, NE corner, it's changed to 'Barracks Coffee'.

2019 Jun 26
The former Filling Station location on Woodward now has Morning Owl signs up. This is a welcome addition to a neighbourhood with a lot of workplaces and very few walk-able coffee or lunch options.

2019 Jun 27
Peter Hum very favorably reviews Le St Laurent, a new luxury restaurant in a very unlikely place (St. Laurent north of Montreal Road) (ottawacitizen.com).

2019 Jun 27
Raw Pulp + Grind beside Maverick's Donuts in the Market (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 28
Filipino food cart? In front of 3 Brewers on Bank? I can't find any other mention of it. (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 28
Zak's Diner at the Ottawa Airport! Not, perhaps, the greatest of Ottawa restaurants, but it will still be a huge improvement over what is there now. (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jun 29
Popeye's in the Glebe is finally open (www.reddit.com). I love reading comments about Popeye's on social media, as they appear to have consistently unbelievably horrible management, with no control over employees, no effort to keep waiting times under any reasonable length of time, and no attempt to keep inventory (you know, chicken) on hand. It is hilarious, but people apparently love the chicken so much they will put up with anything.

2019 Jun 29
YOW, looking better and better (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 2
Gray Jay open on Preston (ottawamagazine.com).

2019 Jul 3
"Gray Jay open on Preston (ottawamagazine.com)."

Looks NICE!

Re this bit from the review...

"As for the menu itself, it’s unconventional — divided into vegetables, proteins, charcuterie, cheeses, and desserts — and designed for sharing."

....right about now, 'designed for sharing' is as unconventional as drywall, but that breakdown in the menu prompted me to google/IG/clicky... the (no prices yet) menu is here www.grayjayhospitality.ca/eat
... and now i want to eat there.

2019 Jul 4
That is an amazing menu! Who forages for them?

2019 Jul 4
LUNA Crepes & Cafe (www.lunacafe.ca/) is opening a second location in Bayshore Shopping Centre (www.instagram.com). ADDED, some confusing details (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 4
Ah social media... they announce a second location... use the word 'second' very clearly and everything, and people freak out that they are moving. The confusing part seems to relate to the husband half of the owners having some health issues. ...and people not reading the actual words right in front of them on their phones.

2019 Jul 7
I think Le St Laurent is where le Saint-O used to be. It was a great French restaurant. Sad when it closed.

2019 Jul 8
It looks like the Caribbean Cruiser, which used to be on Merivale, and then kinda disappeared for a while, and is a first-rate Caribbean food truck, will be at Laurier and O'Connor - i.e., near Thali - from 11-3 (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 8
No, Le St Laurent is a block south in an apartment/condo building. Mia’s, an Indian restaurant is where Saint-O was.

2019 Jul 8
Le St Laurent is the old St Martha’s 460 which closed about the same time as their Culinaire location in Orleans ( last time I checked) leaving the original Brasserie on St Joseph’s.

2019 Jul 9
No, Le St Laurent is a block south in an apartment/condo building. Mia’s, an Indian restaurant is where Saint-O was.

2019 Jul 10
Down East Foods at Parkdale Market on Friday/Saturday with East Coast Donairs, Mac and Cheese with Candied Bacon, and Strawberry Shortcake (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 10
Juliano's Gelato, 61 Laurier, Gatineau (across from the Museum of History), which appears to be the hard Kawartha ice cream truck which has been at the Tulip Festival, and now has a sit-down gelato/coffee place (www.instagram.com) (www.julianos.ca/).

2019 Jul 10
Might have mentioned this before but new Indian place called Mehfil Cuisine opened up on Somerset yesterday... it's 790-792 Somerset (it took over three small units and combined them).

I went yesterday and it was pretty good but I just love anything curry so I was in heaven. They have a lunch buffet that might just be $11 plus tax... I just did a takeout container for whatever I could put in it for that much.

Chinatown is getting more variety which is amazing... I could see this area becoming a great destination for foodies... .Corner Peach is awesome too.

2019 Jul 10
speaking of Chinatown... my co-worker reminded me that Spark Beer is supposed to open up next to Yangtze... so I checked their Instagram and it looks like they provided more details etc on Instagram:

www.instagram.com/spark.beer/

2019 Jul 10
re:Spark Beer Not clear, are they a brewpub or a beer bar serving other people's beer?

2019 Jul 10
The Umbrella Bar has recently replaced Malones at the Dows Lake Pavillion (www.narcity.com) (www.instagram.com). Since the restaurants there have always been candidates for Worst of Ottawa lists, this may be an improvement.

2019 Jul 11
Le St. Laurent is on the penthouse floor of the Brigil condo on St. Laurent Ave. between Montreal Rd. and Hemlock Rd. It looks west and has a very nice view of downtown Ottawa (including Parliament). I have had the steak frites there twice - pretty good.

2019 Jul 11
Inkling: My read of the Instagram post is that they're brewing their own, at the very least. Exciting! I'm all for supporting breweries I can walk to.

2019 Jul 11
"Inkling: My read of the Instagram post is that they're brewing their own, at the very least. Exciting! I'm all for supporting breweries I can stumble home from."

ftfy.

2019 Jul 11
Mazarine is opening up where Coriander Thai used to be. Mediterranean Brunch place. Opening soon.
m.facebook.com

2019 Jul 11
So I just walked past Spark Beer and met the owner outside by chance... she took me on a tour of the space. They are still building it out but they will be brewing on site. They seem to be doing lots of sour beers. It's a husband and wife team. They will have food but not a kitchen (kind of like tooth and nail) and it's got lots of promise. The space is deceptively large it goes back like two or three "times" because it's a kinda of a patchwork job. It has 7 parking spots.

As you can imagine with most space that have been 18 things in 18 years, it's a bit of a mess getting all the old work remove that's often not up to code or whatever so that's why it's been delayed. The equipment isn't in yet.

PS just after that I walked down to have corner peach's BLT... holy #$*@% kids, get on it.

2019 Jul 12
Why is sour beer so popular with brewers? If I want to suck on a lemon, I'll just suck on a lemon.

2019 Jul 12
That Chinese noodle house at Bank and Somerset looked very close to opening when I walked by on Wednesday.

2019 Jul 12
"Why is sour beer so popular with brewers? If I want to suck on a lemon, I'll just suck on a lemon."
Because they're delicious and taste very little like lemon, at all. Admittedly there are a ton of bad sour beers out there and finding a good one is not always easy.

After the IPA craze it was thought that sour beers would be the next big thing. Considering they can take up to two years to make, depending on the specific style, brewers are going to be selling a bunch of them for a little while, whether the trend takes off or not.

2019 Jul 12
Support local and try anything by Smallpony Barrelworks out in Kanata, they make great sour beers.

www.smallponybarrelworks.com/

Most sour beers made by local breweries and most on the shelves of the LCBO are fruited kettle sours or dry hopped kettle sours, and they are very quick to make. They lack the complexity of better sour beers like those made by Smallpony.

2019 Jul 12
Down East Foods is already set up on Armstrong across from Morning Owl at the Parkdale Market (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 12
Gf and I already visited. We each had a donair and split the mac n cheese, it was all good - especially the donair! Wasn't too busy though, hopefully it picked up after we left.

2019 Jul 12
I picked up a couple of her donairs for dinner tonight. We know each other from craft shows where she sells Down East Mittens. Not such a great craft for the summer.

2019 Jul 15
Chickpeas (!) in the side room - now turned into a separate storefront - to the Pizza Pizza at Bank and Holmwood. Not open but sign up.

2019 Jul 15
Picture

2019 Jul 16
Sorry for the multiple postings - no way for me to remove them. You know how it is - you post, nothing happens, so you post again. Anyway, the place on Wellington at Hamilton - where Trii Lounge/Gelato Tree was - now has a Piccolo Grande ice cream, a coffee place, and Yakko Taco (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 16
La Terrasse Festibière à Zibi, rotating craft brewery beers at the Zibi Terrace, Thursday through Sunday, starting July 19 - 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. (www.facebook.com).

2019 Jul 16
Is it a one-time thing, or every week?

2019 Jul 16
Repeating, 'over the summer', with different beers each weekend.

2019 Jul 16
Anyone know whether Chickpeas is the same operation as Trainyards?

2019 Jul 16
Unless they utterly fail at business and didn't copyright their name it must be. The font and dotting the 'i' with a chickpea is identical to the Trainyards location.

2019 Jul 21
Yunshang Rice Noodle Soft Opening now. Cash only at this time. Bank St - Somerset St West

2019 Jul 22
There's a (temporary?) spice store on the way into the food court at the Rideau Centre called Kanel Spices (www.kanel.com/us/).

2019 Jul 22
New fresh artisan pasta maker at the Main Street Market, Essen Pasta (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 22
Nu 2 on Main (twitter.com).

2019 Jul 23
O-Frango, which looks like Portuguese-style chicken, in the old Nacho Cartel food truck (used to be listed as a Wilbrod address, now called 151 Laurier E) (www.instagram.com/ofrangooo/).

2019 Jul 23
Grand opening of new Kichesippi Brewery and Taproom, at 2265 Robertson Road, Bells Corners, on Saturday, July 27 (www.instagram.com).

2019 Jul 24
Gelateria del Corso, where Gelatini was (344 Preston)

2019 Jul 24
UNCLE TETSU opening up this Friday, July 26. Warning: Usually long line because you're only allowed to buy one cake, at a time. Want a second one, go back in line. www.facebook.com

2019 Jul 28
A New Mexican restaurant will be opening up at 565 Somerset St West.

2019 Jul 30
Recently opened, Miss Molly's Breakfast Club @ 1577 Laperriere Ave. A breakfast and lunch place. Bulgogi seems to be their special. Big signage for Bulgogi Hoagie.

2019 Jul 30
I am intrigued

2019 Jul 31
Bulgogi... hoagie... breakfast.

I am so there if only for the novelty.

2019 Aug 1
Saturday. I'm there.