Any experience with New Dubrovnik? [General]

2013 Apr 1
Since this is a resto from my kneck of the woods..wanted to hear any opinions on it :p

2013 Apr 1

2013 Apr 1
Yeah I noticed but I was hoping for recent ones..those are from 2007-2008.

I've actually never been there. By the resto name and owners (it is a Croatian resto) and quite a few of the foods are form the area. (but yeah there is also German food)

2013 Apr 1
Sorry ... only have experience with the Old Dubrovnik.

2013 Apr 2
I've been several times, and it's delightfully old school. Solid, tasty food. Love the spatzle (too lazy to accent that) and sausage dishes. They have fun foreign beers, too! (Although not too many, so if you're a group of five foreign beer drinkers like we were that one night, you may drink their entire stock.)

2013 Apr 2
Skipping the accent on spätzle is far less of a crime than transposing the E and L. It pains me each time I see someone write "spatzel" because it means they are pronouncing it quite incorrectly. Und dat makes der baby Yeesus cry. :'(

en.wikipedia.org

2013 Apr 2
Last visit was last year, mea culpa i didn't post a review.
Good food, good service, nothing bad to report.

2013 Apr 2
full disclosure - i worked here at one point of my Anthony Bourdain like stint through a few local kitchens.

my 2 cents - stick with the schnitzels. highly recommend the breaded house schnitzel (red vegetable sauce), breaded house veal (mushroom gravy), or any variants of the above (ie. Dalmatian or Italian). get the spaetzle and ask for some cheese and sauce on it. the noodles and potatoes (spiced with hot paprika) are good sides too.

cevaps and cabbage rolls (meaty - same red sauce as house schnitzel) are solid choices for apps.

and yes, they have Karlovačko!

2013 Apr 2
anecdote - cooked for the Slovakian men's national hockey team here. Zdeno Chara liked it so much he came back early one Sunday morning and ate a Peasant Platter, essentially a giant plate of meat intended for sharing, entirely to himself.

so yeah, hockey player sized portions here (at least they were). you won't leave hungry.

2013 Apr 3
Thanks monty. I do remember you telling me that in private now.

I was very curious about the cevapcici..as I'm from Bosnia, we really make the best ones in the region, so wasn't sure how well the Croats pulled it off.

2013 Apr 3
i think you'll like them. i like my burgers medium/medium rare so i always cooked my cevaps like that as well. you could ask for that if you like.

they come with ajvar and raw white onions.