Food Truck Location [General]

2012 Mar 22
If there is a food truck that is looking for a solid location in the southend of Bank Street - please message me for details.

2012 Mar 28
hello 4brrlcarb,
This is the street gourmet, and I have a gourmet food truck starting in May...It's called RELISH(the flavor).I'm interested in rotating a few different locations.where and what did you have in mind?

2012 Mar 29
my understanding was that there were no new trucks considered until 2013...?
how does one go about getting a license for a food truck?
just curious...

2012 Mar 29
Do you need a license to be on private property?

2012 Mar 29
No. You do not need a food truck license to be on private property ... but you do need a business license, health inspection, propane/gas inspection etc.

I would think that the property would need some kind of business zoning, to stop anyone from plopping a truck in their (Zym's) driveway.

The city bylaws are online and the bylaw people can look up and clarify anything in question.

2012 Mar 29
I noticed a Thai food truck on Lisgar @ Elgin today. Anyone know what's up with that?

2012 Mar 30
ollie Good question. There was a truck there last summer that specialized in vermicelli dishes if memory serves me right. There is now a truck there serving Thai food - yay! I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up abit before making a trip to check them out. I'm looking forward to trying their dishes.

2012 Mar 30
I grabbed lunch from the Thai truck during the recent heat wave. Bit of a misnomer, as there are also some Vietnamese(ish) items on the menu as well as chips/poutine.

I had the pork sandwich, expecting bánh mě shredded pork, but the pork was deli-style pork roast. Nonetheless, good flavour overall, lovely spicy brown sauce on it (hoisin accounts for the brown, but I couldn't place the heat source -- it wasn't sriracha, which is a pleasant surprise), sparing (in a good way) vegetable/garnish content. Good soft bun with a light, crisp crust. I'd buy it again, it's a no-brainer.

I also got a couple of spring rolls, and these were really good. Four or five inches long, tightly packed with a nice meat filling, beautifully crisp.

The sandwich was packaged in a square of tin foil that was too small for the sandwich by half, held on by a rubber band. I'll be honest and say I was kind of charmed by it, reminds me of idiosyncratic take-away I've had in much 'hipper' cities.

I'll definitely try out some of their other offerings next time I'm there. Lunch will cost you $10-15, but I had no complaints, I'd have spent that much at Lunch or Bowich, and this was a nice change.

2012 Jun 25
The "thai truck" is "chef on wheels" more pan asian cuisine.

They also recently partnered with POP UP PATIOS to create a unique new menu (some items are the same as they serve on Lisgar St.) on a truly unique location on the Rideau Canal, in front of Ottawa Convention Center.

check them out and the menu on twitter. (korean short ribs, thai beef on rice, middle eastern kafta burger, green curry poutine, and more).

The Patio was serving beer and wine last weekend.

twitter: @popuppatios to stay upto date on hours and menu.
facebook: POP UP PATIOS