Resto Jobs [General]

2012 Feb 1
Hi Everyone,
We have a student at Le Cordon Bleu (Pastry!) living with us till December. She is looking for a part time job in the restaurant business. Kitchen or front of house. If anyone sees any signs in neat restaurants, can you post her or message me. She is doing all the usual stuff to find something byt often its just a little sign in the window, and she could miss it. We live in Sandy Hill so somewhere within reach or by bus would be great! Thanks

2012 Feb 1
I suggest she take her resume and drop into which ever restuarant she is interested in working, even if there is not a sign. Go in between services and ask to talk to the chef, if she wants to work in the kitchen or the manager, if she wants FOH.

There are several new restaurants that have opened up along Wellington in Hintonberg. She could hit all of them in an afternoon.

2012 Feb 1
Restaurants don't put little signs in windows. lovetoeat is correct. She should figure out what restaurants she would like to work in and go talk to the chef. If she is in Cordon Bleu then I suggest she try and get a job working in a kitchen.
Restaurants are always looking for extra help, or know of other places that are but they rarely put signs in the windows. It takes more work on your end.

2012 Feb 1
You're right Mad Mike; in the last year we needed 2 kitchen positions filled, both were hired from just coming in off the street....

Preston St/Elgin would be a good locations as well for dropping off resumes!

Best of Luck
Terry

2012 Feb 1
the cake shop just opened up on wellington street west.....so they might be looking for part time help. I think it just opened today

2012 Feb 1
Thanks everyone. Will pass on the info to her!

2012 Feb 1
Eastcoast.chef, do you mean The Cake Shop?

Just asking.

2012 Feb 1
Yes, The Cake Shop moved into the same strip as Emerald Bakery.

2012 Feb 2
That's an interesting decision.

2012 Feb 16
Yeah found the Cake Shop on Wellington when I went to Capital City Luggage to drop off my Briggs & Riley for repairs.

They said they moved end of Jan and it is more convenient for me then the greenbank location. They are one of the few bakeries that consistently offer sugar free cake and I like that since my dad is diabetic.

2014 Nov 5
From their In-Yer-Face Book Page.

www.facebook.com/socapub

93 Holland Ave. The 'ol Pho Van place.

"If you love food as much as we do, join our family! We are now hiring all FOH & BOH positions. Please send us your CV to: info@socapub.com"

2014 Nov 6
I find it amazing that they have a 5 star review on their FB page already!

2014 Nov 6
True Foodies don't let a little thing like the time/space continuum stop them.

2014 Nov 7
I will also have loved this place.

2014 Nov 8
Last nights CBC Marketplace exposes online fake foodie reviews.

www.cbc.ca