Lazy Pickle new deli in ottawa!! [General]

2011 Nov 15
New family run deli open now on carling address is
1809 Carling Avenue, Ottawa (corner of carling and broadview)

a bit of information about it from there FB page

We are a family owned establishment that aims to nourish the community with 'real food' in an inspired setting at good value. We are putting 'healthy' back into fast food by using fresh, local ingredients that bring a nutritional punch to our lunch and dinner options.

We offer paninis, sandwiches, soups, salads and more...

We are proud to offer a Gluten Free retail area for those who have gluten, dairy, nut and other food allergies. We research each product and strive to offer most foods that are made in dedicated gluten free facilities. We are constantly getting new items in to provide our customers with a wide array of healthy food choices.

Community is a vital aspect of the Lazy Pickle. We recognize that our customers, especially those that live and work nearby are key to our success. By supporting locally and Canadian owned manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and entrepreneurs, we are able to keep our community at the forefront of our operations.

2011 Nov 16
I am on Carling a few times a week.
Will try and check it out!

Just looked up where it was on Carling (I take the bus...) and it happens to be the old location of Malak pastry?
I did notice that location closed a few months ago (was not super busy when I did go there).

2011 Nov 16
Will you have any unhealthy options like Mtl smoked meat?

2011 Nov 16
I couldn't find the hours online.
Anyone know what they might be. Also could not find them on facebook.

only thing I found was the store that used to be there before, info for that.

2011 Nov 17
you can search them on FB under Lazy Pickle Inc. or www.facebook.com

im looking into the smoke meat issue... also hoping they have it in some variation or another

2011 Nov 21
Heh... 'deli' means different things to different people.

Montreal ex-pat that i am, i can't conceive of anything that doesn't serve smoked meat and fries as a 'deli', tho being in Ottawa this long i might stretcvh the definition to include Bottega/Nicastro/the Groceteria on Beech.

In NYC and elsewhere the term means all manner of corner stores/QuickyMarts/7-11s/etc some of which don't even serve food unless it comes pre-packaged.

I read "paninis, sandwiches, soups, salads and more" and i think 'sandwich shop' or 'lunch counter' like Goonies or Lunch.

2011 Nov 26
I recently tried this place, and loved it! I would recommend the roast beef slider sandwich.

2011 Dec 8
The store hours are Monday to Friday 11:00am to 7:00pm Saturday 11:00am to 5:00pm
Yes they have Montreal smoked meat, the real kind not the cheap stuff some other place have. Also the Danwich and the curried chicken mango pannini's are awesome. I've been in about 5-7 time since they opened three weeks ago and love the place. The girls that run the deli are super friendly too.

2011 Dec 11
they're in tough being right next door to Aladdin -- but i'll give them a try in the next week or 2

2011 Dec 12
That Aladdin/Lazy Pickle parking lot is so badly designed it should be in Kanata. I'd rather park a block away and walk in! :-)

2011 Dec 12
DO NOT PARK IN THE PIZZA PIZZA LOT ACROSS THE STREET !!!!
It's been my Aladdin parking spot for years and I don't want any of ya's to ruin it for me.

2011 Dec 13
I usually kill two birds with one stone and park in the Beer Store parking lot. What better thing to go with Leb pie than a cold one?

2011 Dec 13
My wife's doctor recommended that she try this place for gluten free food as she has just been diagnosed with celiac disease and was finding her diet expensive. My wife found some great deals on their gluten free products. The lowest prices we've come across in the city! Staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.
They also have a deli there that is not gluten free. The soup and sandwich were delicious! I had the autumn carrot soup and a roast beef sandwich. They used real roast beef not the cold cut kind. Made fresh right before my eyes. I will be back soon!

2011 Dec 14
Thanks. I've told some of my GF friends to check it out.

2012 Apr 16
copy of my post from the vendor page.

One of the better sandwiches in Ottawa, went in not expecting much at all. Ordered the Italian Hero with spicy eggplant, and a chili. Was blown away, the chili was GREAT, the sandwich was also very good. The fresh sliced onions in it, really made it come together. They have a large variety of sandwiches on the menu. I'm eager to go back and try a number of them. 7.00 a sandwich may seem pricey, but it's a very large sandwich, and the quality is excellent. The flavor, most importantly is there as well. The service was great.

I don't give recommendations often, but this place is worth a visit. Very much so!

Did I mention the chili was amazing? :)