Pub Food Tonight [Food/Vendor]

2011 Jan 27
Hello everyone - seeing a movie tonight downtown and I am looking for some decent pub food suggestions aside from the Manx (Our fave, but looking to try something new. Downtown or just outside will work.

Thanks!

2011 Jan 27
I have a few suggestions:
- Lieutenant's Pump
- The Clocktower
- Chez Lucien - if you feel like burgers :)
- Earl of Sussex
- The Prescott

2011 Jan 27
I would add the Black Bear Pub.

EDIT: Chez Lucien is also one of my favourites but service tends to be on the slow side. It might be a good idea to go only if you have a little time to spare.

2011 Jan 27
I'll heartily second Chez Lucien.
The Brig is often overlooked... I would give them a shot if you can't get in at Chez Lucien.

2011 Jan 27
probably not up to the culinary standards of the Manx (or Chez L.), but Avant-Garde Bar is a quick walk from the Rideau Centre if that's where your movie happens to be.

2011 Jan 27
I also like the Earl of Sussex. They used to have some of the best fries in town, but I haven't been there in a while so I could be wrong by now. Also, the pie-and-a-pint special can't be beat.

I like the Highlander, but mostly because they always give me a free scotch when I go in because I always wear a kilt. Okay, maybe not mostly. They have some really good Scottish beers like Caledonian and Deuchars. Both are excellent. The food is pretty good as well. Plus, I think it might be Robbie Burns day or something today. You might want to check. The 25th? Yeah. You're probably safe now.

These are both if you are considering going into the market.

2011 Jan 28
Free scotch if you're wearing a kilt? That could pay for itself!

2011 Jan 28
Well ... one free scotch, and it's whatever happens to be on special that day (usually a blend). Still, you know, FREE SCOTCH! It was strange the day that they brought me one when I stopped in for breakfast.