Grill This Smoke That [General]

2010 Oct 10
I am proud to announce that I have a 15 part series that airs on Rogers TV Ch.22. A new episode of "Grill This Smoke That" airs every Sunday evening at 8pm and then it is repeated every day during the week at different times. Please check the Rogers website for showtimes.
Each episode features 3 main dishes and one location shoot that profiles a local farmer, cheese maker, Honey producer etc..... All the location shoots are within a 100 mile radius of the Ottawa Core.
All footage is live to tape so what you see is what I have created. There are no second takes, there are no food stylists working behind the scenes, just real grilling and smoking. Keeping it real and respecting my audience.

I hope you all enjoy,
Keep the Fire Hot!

Steph the Grilling Gourmet

2010 Oct 10
Steph - Congrats.

We have Bell ExpressVu.. anyway to catch the show without Rogers?

2010 Oct 11
In the process of getting it on RODO (Rogers on demand online).

2010 Oct 12
Nice - let us know when thats up!

2010 Oct 16
Does Rogers on Demand not require that you be a subscriber?

2011 Feb 2
Looks like I'll be appearing on this TV show some time this fall. They were filming at work today. We were cutting pig's heads when they were filming the butchers, and one of the guys took some pig's ears (which we cut off and sell mainly to Chinese restaurants) and put them on my helmet, which they then shot. I think any normal person editing that footage would ensure the guy with the pigs ears on his head made it into the final cut. :-)

Too bad they just must the fun stuff by about 2 minutes - taking whole pigs and cutting them up into pieces.

2011 Feb 2
zym, what do you guys do with the rest of the pig head after the ears and cheeks are removed? I've been thinking of making some headcheese...

2011 Feb 2
Yan, we'll pretty much sell you anything you want. We do make our own head cheese but I'm pretty sure we don't use all the heads that we process, so just call and ask what the price is.

BTW, got your PM but am BUSY with the new job (and mainly new schedule and getting it all figured out) - will try to get a time set and let you know.

2011 Feb 2
ps. s/just must/just missed/

2011 Sep 10
The episode at Lavergne should be coming up any time now - anyone watching this show on a regular basis?

2011 Oct 18
Anyone seen it yet by chance?

2011 Oct 18
i caught the tail end of two episodes - channel flipping, stopped on the show when i recognized it from this thread.

have to say - i liked what i saw. On paper, this show might not appeal to a veg-head like myself, but grabbing my attention both times was his broad coverage, including grilling w/ non-meat ingreds.

I think i may even have stole, err adapted, an idea around grilled fruit reproduced later for somewhat bemused friends (wha ... you know how to cook??). So i feel i owe some credit to the OP. :-)

2011 Oct 24
The curmudgeon in me wants to say:
"Take ANY food item. Marinate. Grill. Repeat."