where can I buy farro [Cooking]

2010 Aug 20
It is also known as Israeli couscous.Much larger than regular couscous with a chewy pasta like texture. It is great in salads.
thanks

2010 Aug 20
i regularly buy farro at nicastro's. most excellent grain and style it up into an outstanding risotto yet for people to discover.

2010 Aug 20
luv2cook - just a friendly correction, farro is not Israeli couscous. Farro is a grain, Israeli couscous is more like a pasta which looks grain-like. Israeli couscous is a bit like pearl barley, which also makes a great risotto with greater health benefits.

2010 Aug 20
thanks for the correction. I will look for both and see which I like best!
Had a great salad with farro and broiled grapefruit and fennel which I would like to try at home. I will visit Nicastros.

2013 Jun 5
I didn't see a definitive answer about where to purchase farro in the National Capital area. Can you indeed purchase it at Nicastros?

Thanks!

2013 Jun 5
Loverofallgoodfood I have purchased farro at the Whole Foods Market in Toronto - maybe they can do mail order? If not you could try Market Organics or Rainbow Foods but best to call first to confirm that they have it.

2013 Jun 6
@Pasta Lover

Thanks very much. I will certainly check in with the two places that you mentioned!

2013 Jun 8
I have bought it in bulk from Market Organics on York street.

2013 Jun 8
This is not about Farro but Israeli couscous.

I brought back some Israeli couscous from the US and my Mom loved it. She found it at Bulk barn.

2013 Jun 9
I have bought 1 kilo bags of organic farro at Costco. I don't think that they always carry it.

2013 Jun 18
Hi everyone:

Just thought I'd let you all know that I finally found farro at the Farmer's Pick market. It's in a little strip mall at Prince of Wales near Meadowloands. They have a couple of different varieties. I was very happy to find it :)