Taste of Winterlude...is anyone going? [General]

2010 Jan 17
I just received this in my e-mail in box. I have no idea how they got my co-ordinates, but I'm glad they did. Here's the website: www.canadascapital.gc.ca

Is anyone here planning on going? I'm thinking of doing Navarra and Beckta, but Atelier is participating too! So many decisions...although I don't think you can go wrong with any of these options : ) I want to try them all, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Amuse

2010 Jan 21
TASTE OF WINTERLUDE - FINE DINING

After seeing a large ad in today's Ottawa Citizen (Thursday, January 21, 2009)... I thought I would share the info.

As an aside, what started out as a relatively easy idea, got complicated quite quickly. The Ad only lists the Title of the Events & their Dates and a reference to contact Groovy Grapes for Registration etc. www.groovygrapes.com

So I checked out the Groovy Grapes Website, only to find out it re-routed me to a Website for Local Wine Events.com and even then some of the info was lacking... so between combining what I did find there, the info from the Ad and then deciding to check out the Winterlude Website itself, I now present some more info than one will find in the Ad (specific details on each Event`s description can be found on-line).

COOL CLIMATE WINES DINING EXPERIENCE
Thursday, JANUARY 28th (6:30 to 8:30 PM)
Restaurant L'Aubergine
$ 89 per person

WINEMAKER DINNER AT WILFRID's - FEATURING INNISKILLIN WINES
Thursday, JANUARY 28th (6:30 to 9:30 PM)
Wilfrid's - Chateau Laurier Hotel
$ 125 per person

BYWARD MARKET WALKABOUT WINTER FEAST -- SOLD OUT
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 2nd (6:00 to 9:00 PM)
Play Food & Wine
$ 130 per person

ITALY vs. ONTARIO TASTING, DEMO & DINNER
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 3rd (6:00 to 9:00 PM)
DiVino Wine Studio
$ 120 per person

WINEMAKER DINNER AT SANTE RESTAURANT - FEATURING ROSEHALL RUN VINEYARDS
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 3rd (6:00 PM)
Sante Restaurant
$ 80 per person

ORGANIC WINES DINING EXPERIENCE
Thursday, FEBRUARY 4th (6:30 to 8:30 PM)
Bacci Bistro
$ 89 per person

BROOKSTREET FOOD & WINE RAVE -- SOLD OUT
Friday, FEBRUARY 5th (6:30 to 11:30 PM)
Perspectives - Brookstreet Hotel
$ 249 per person

WALKABOUT WINTER FEAST WITH SAVOUR OTTAWA
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 9th (6:00 to 9:00 PM)
Courtyard Restaurant
$ 130 per person

TEXTURE & TRANSFORMATION DINNER -- SOLD OUT
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 16th (6:00 to 9:00 PM)
Atelier
$ 125 per person

WINES OF ONTARIO WINTER WINEFEST
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 17th (7:00 to 10:00 PM)
NAC
$ 50 for Members / $ 55 for Guests

"THIS FOOD, THAT ICEWINE" TASTING
Thursday, FEBRUARY 18th (6:30 to 8:30 PM)
ARC
$ 150 per person

NEW WORLD WINES DINING EXPERIENCE
Thursday, FEBRUARY 18th (6:30 to 8:30 PM)
Bistro St. Jacques
$ 69 per person

My only slight annoyance with all of this is course that some of the Events are already SOLD OUT but so is the consequence when the major sponsor is American Express (and as such offering up "Front of the Line" seating to their members).

2010 Feb 19
I'm in the same boat as BDM - Loved it, didn't take notes ;)

Sounds like we drank the exact same things, too, so I'll echo everything already said and give a big thumbs-up to the 2008 Stratus Red Icewine (Cab. Franc–Cab Sauv.). I can't remember the last time I had it, but it's gained this beguiling spicy character that a lot of red icewines just don't get. I have a bottle down in the bottom of the cellar that I'm just not going to touch for many years, just to see how it turns out.