Wanted: Cheesecake Recipe [Recipes]

2009 Nov 16
i'm looking for an easy/quick cheesecake recipe. something with chocolate and carmel would be good too. i can google recipes, but if someone can recommend one they have used before, that would be great.

if not cheesecake, a cake/dessert recipe that incorporates chocolate and carmel would be awesome. the only condition is that it be easy to make.

thanks

2009 Nov 16
Well, it's not Super easy, but easy enough and so delicious. Here is a link to my creme brulée cheesecake. thedogthecatandeverythinginbetween.blogspot.com

2009 Nov 17
I second Poutine's recipe - Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake recipe is THA BOMB! I've used the base recipe to make several cheesecakes and they are always super creamy and decadent.

Poutine - that crème brulée crust is brilliant! Cheesecake is hubby's fave but he's been craving crème brulée these days; this will send him over the moon!

2009 Nov 17
Here's a recipe for plain cheesecake I use that never fails to please:

Ingredients
For the crust:

* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 crackers)
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted

For the filling:

* 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 5 whole extra-large eggs, at room temperature
* 2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or the contents of one vanilla bean

Add topping as desired

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

To make the crust, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted
butter until moistened. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. With your
hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up
the sides. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.

Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.

To make the filling, cream the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of
an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed
until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer
to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well.
Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary. With the mixer on low,
add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour
into the cooled crust.

Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F
and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open
the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the center.
Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes.
Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature
for another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Wrap and
refrigerate overnight.

Remove the cake from the springform pan by carefully running a hot
knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of
the springform pan for serving.

Note: Measure your springform pan. The bottom of mine measures 9
inches, but it says 9 1/2. I put the springform pan on a sheet pan
before putting it in the oven to catch any leaks.

Enjoy!

2009 Nov 17
I also use this recipe when I really want to WOW!

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, softened

2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly coat a 10 inch springform pan with spray oil. Note: You could use a 9x13 inch pan instead.
2. To make the crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Spread to the edges of the pan. pierce all over with a fork, then bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow to cool.
3. Increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 5 eggs and the yolks and mix thoroughly. Add cream and vanilla bean seeds and mix only enough to blend.
4. Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Reduce temperature to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue to bake for one hour. Turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour. Don't worry if it looks a little jiggly in the center.
5. Chill overnight. This is imperative! Top with raspberry coulis when served.

Raspberry Coulis

2 pints fresh raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix together, blend until smooth. Strain seeds using a fine sieve (you will have to push the juice and fruit through until just the seeds remain). Serve over cheesecake.

I hope that helps you even though it isn't caramel and chocolate ; )

2009 Nov 18
I've got one that is quick, super easy and also light (unlike most cheesecake recipes!) I usually make it with lemon flavoured pudding mix and graham cracker crumbs, but it can easily be butterscotch pudding mix and chocolate graham cracker crumbs.

1 packet Jello butterscotch (or lemon) pudding mix
2 cups of milk
1 packet (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
¾ cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of melted butter

Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a pan. Bake for 8 min at 350 degrees. Let cool.

When the crust is ready, combine ½ cup of milk with the cream cheese in a blender. Add the rest of the milk and the pudding mix. Blend. Immediately pour over the crust. Chill if you like, or eat right away. Looks pretty garnished with white cherries.

Voila! Delicious and light cheesecake for your delectation!

Note: this recipe is using the older packets of Jello pudding mix. My mother advises me that the packets have recently been downsized. Double check the instructions on the new packet – that is the correct amount of milk to use.

2009 Nov 20
thanks for all the recipes. unfortunately life got in the way of my cooking plans. i made salted brown butter treats (fancy rice krispie squares) for the kids and will have to buy some lovely, decadent chocolatey cheesecake for the moms.

i will definitely try the creme brulée cheesecake recipe in the future.

to be honest, the other recipes are either too rich sounding for me (that is a lot of eggs!) and i'm not keen on the pudding idea. i find jello pudding so synthetic tasting.

2009 Nov 20
Hi HFF,

I agree about the jello pudding - I made it on its own once (just pudding - no cream cheese) and it tasted horrible.

But blend it with the cream cheese and it's fab-OO-lus! Just try the cheesecake recipe sometime and see what you think.