Hand Crank Meat Grinder [General]

2008 Dec 3

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

New or used.

2008 Dec 3
How about this electric one (used) found on Kijiji ?

I looks like it can grind, shred and juice and it's only 25 bucks.

Here is the link:

ottawa.kijiji.ca

2008 Dec 3
... and if you really want the manual old fanshion style there is this one. Strangely they want 25 bucks as well.

link:

ottawa.kijiji.ca

2008 Dec 3
Hey thanks! I don't want an electric one. I just want the smaller hand-crank type that will be easier to store. The second one you posted is $25 probably because it's an antique. People like to collect stuff like that.

I asked my mom and she said she used to have 2. She gave one to my sister and I highly doubt she uses it, so I think I will probably get that one.

Thanks again!

2008 Dec 3
.... and for a new hand crank one ... check with Preston Hardware. I saw one there last year.

2008 Dec 3
Princess Auto sometimes has new ones at very cheap prices.

2008 Dec 5
I second Princess Auto, I love that store.

2008 Dec 5
I saw one at Value Village not too long ago for like, $1.50 - its the kind of thing people get rid of when they move, or inherit it and don't know what to do with it so its worth checking second-hand stores from time to time.

2008 Dec 6
Food Is Hot - That is an excellent idea. I'm guessing that there are probably a lot of these that end up in those types of places (Home Consignment Shops, Flea Markets and Garage Sales are others). I know that my parent's own one of these Meat Grinders, they don't use it now, but I guess it got a fair bit of use back in the 50s, when I take it they made their own hamburger, before buying ground meat was as common in grocery stores as it is now.

2008 Dec 7
Saw one at Princess Auto yesterday it was 69.99$ iirc but it was quite a large specimen considerably bigger than the average hand crank grinder than most I have seen before.

2009 Mar 24
They have several of the Princess Auto ones for $40 each at the used resto place on Wellington where it turns into Somerset, here in Hintonburg.

wfeservices.ca/