Hunt's ketchup [Food/Vendor]

2015 Mar 19
Has anyone seen Hunt's ketchup around? I have been buying Heinz for a number of years now but only because I can't seem to find Hunt's. I have tried all the major grocery chains without any luck.

2015 Mar 19
You've tried GT? Generally, I think you'll find it in the cheaper-grocery-option stores.

2015 Mar 19
I have not tried looking for it so I am not an expert. However, I was curious and turned to google. I found a 2013 facebook post by Hunts saying that its product is no longer available in Canada and the Hunts Canada website does not list ketchup as a product.

2015 Mar 19
Branch out. Go crazy. Try DIFFERENT ketchups! Oh my gawsh!

I find the GT brand better than Heinz, for example. PC brand as well.

2015 Mar 19
I found my all-time favourite at a Christmas craft show. It's by a company called Twisted Tomato Ketchup from Toronto. The one I love is dill ketchup. This description may turn a few stomachs, but I think it tastes just like a McDonald's hamburger. No pickles necessary.
www.twistedtomato.ca/

2015 Mar 20
Might I suggest trying the Farm Boy brand ketchup.

I tried it once on a whim, and it has since become my go to. Lots of good proper tomato flavour...

2015 Mar 21
Might I suggest the Dollarama's ketchup by Garden Goodness.

2015 Mar 21
FoodBuddy, thanks for that info. The reason I wanted Hunt's is because I bought it for years and switched to Heinz when I could no longer find it. I guess it's a nostalgia thing - I wanted to revisit it to remind me why I liked it better than Heinz. Or not.

Zym, I have tried many ketchups. In fact, just yesterday I was at Seed to Sausage and bought a bottle of Aunt Thelma's Hotsup, a spicy ketchup. One I did not care for was the PC one which is strange because I like their products. Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll try them out. Rizak, where did you find the Twisted Tomato one? Was it in Ottawa?

2015 Mar 21
Anyone into curry ketchup? I see it at the Germantown Deli and am curious. . . .

2015 Mar 21
Would it be easy to make homemade ketchup and how long would it keep ?

2015 Mar 21
I doesn't look hard to make at all. I'm going to try it. I usually end up getting something better than store bought in a few tries . . . .

allrecipes.com

2015 Mar 21
Hungry Pete, I love curry ketchup. I buy the Hela brand at The Dutch Store on Clyde. I have tried others, but always go back to this one. For some reason, it goes especially well with sausage rolls.

2015 Mar 22
ff, it was at the Nepean Sportsplex Christmas craft show when I got a chance to leave the booth. They weren't even there. A guy they knew who was selling his own products was flogging their stuff in his booth (against show policies, but whatevs). I think he was doing more business for the other guy than he was for his own brand of hot sauces.

2015 Mar 22
I've made ketchup several times - it keeps for years if you can it in mason jars.

I've had curry ketchup before when living in Germany - it is not bad. Tastes pretty much how it sounds.

2015 Mar 23
I think I've seen Hunt's Ketchup at Costco Merivale recently.

2015 Mar 23
Doesn't the Giant Tiger brand and Hunts come from the same manufacturer ?

2015 Mar 23
Captain Caper, do you know this for a fact? New user 5585 I will check Costco out unless CC assures me that GT ketchup is manufactured by Hunt's.

2015 Mar 23
You could always splurge and spend a buck 69 and just try it :-)

2015 Mar 23
True, so true, but I don't like to waste food.

2015 Mar 25
Use it in a tomato sauce base... fast way to use it up if it doesn't float your boat.

Surprisingly good on well buttered pasta, really it works.

2015 Mar 27
New User 5585, I did indeed find it at Costco. Thank you. It is just as tasty as I remembered it and, for those who care, it does not contain high fructose corn syrup. It is sweetened with sugar.

2015 Mar 31
I bought some Hunt's ketchup at the Your Independent Grocer in Riverside South last week. I thought it was brand new. And it was cheaper than Heinz. I like it. Hubby doesn't.

2015 Apr 3
Julie, that's good to know. I'll keep it in mind.

2015 Apr 3
My bad. It was French's and not Hunt's. Got the two apostrophe names mixed up!

2015 Apr 3
I recently bought French's too. I don't remember where I got it. No one in my house can tell the difference and it's cheaper.

2015 Apr 3
Julie, that's good to know. I'll keep it in mind.

2015 Apr 4
I'm marinading some tofu, frozen and thawed and thinly sliced in Ketchup. It's an experiment. :-)