drinks in the market!? [Booze]

2014 May 26
Friend called and is in town without warning. Any suggestions on a good place to go within walking distance of the ChateauL?

I have not been in the Market for bevvies in at least 5 years.

Reasonably quiet, good beer selection. Would be Tuesday nite. Does not need to be crazy busy. Shitty service establishments are not optional.

2014 May 26
Krusty the chateau l seems pretty swanky for you bro. Just throw a keg of krusty brew in the back of the dodge and find an alley behind the dominion tavern or the Lafayette( are these places even still around) .

2014 May 26
Black Tomato.

2014 May 26
SmokerGuy,

Why did I not think of that. Will load up the turkey fryer too. I think I will be in awe at all of those hipsters.

K,

2014 May 26
Brothers Beer Bistro, maybe?

2014 May 26
Avante Garde
Albion Rooms
Mugshots
Chez Lucien
The bar at the Chateau is good

2014 May 26
hooch bourbon house or chez lucien

2014 May 27
Does it have to be the market? The Manx Pub is in easy walking distance from the Chateau. If you're looking for something beyond beer, there's Union Local 613.

2014 May 27
Definitely will second Brothers Beer Bistro (great lively atmosphere, excellent service and an incredible selection of beers) and Albion Rooms (aren't they tapping more cask beers from Turtle Brewery this week?!). If it's warm enough, Murray Street's back patio is relaxing, feels private and you can even share a delicious charcuterie plate.

2014 May 27
smoker guy yep The Laff and The Dominion Tavern are both still there-;)

FWIW The Black Tomato and Chez Lucien are both pretty noisy but have not been to either in the last four or five years. But if you don't mind the noise both have an excellent beer selection and good food.

+1 for Murray Street's back patio and Zoe's for quietness.

I could also recommend Vineyards. Although they tout themselves as a wine bar they actually have a pretty decent selection of beer and it's quiet enough to be condusive to conversation.

2014 May 27
Seconded Brothers Beer Bistro.

2014 May 27
Chez Lucien holds a special place in my heart and is a great place for a pint (and burger), as Eastcoast.chef, AD_2, and Pasta lover have already suggested.

To reiterate what strawberrygirl, Qster and lovealwayserica have recommended, Brothers Beer Bistro has a great beer list (surprise, surprise) and (when Steve Benson is bartending) they also can make a mean cocktail.

Speaking of cocktails, Albion Rooms and Hooch Bourbon House are great places for quality drinks (again, these have been mentioned by others above).

Avant Garde is great if you're in the mood for quarts, vodka, absinthe and ex-Soviet propaganda (which I often am) - Good call, AD_2.

But, based on your friend's choice of accommodations, I bet the Chateau Lafayette (aka the Laff) or the Dominion are right up their alley...

2014 May 27
I'm with Pasta Lover - Chez Lucien is not quiet!