New Rogers TV foodie series [General]

2014 May 7
Hi Ottawa Foodies, I'm developing a new TV series on edible Ottawa/Gatineau delights and would love your help brainstorming some possible guests.

We are looking for eccentric, off the beaten path, indie, great food with great stories behind them that haven't been extensively covered yet...

Some possible themes: food trucks, local chocolate makers, Farmers' markets. In your opinion, who are the most worthy of coverage? Who has the best background story? Are there any vendors you think should be singled out?

We're looking for ideas beyond these themes, too. Most important is that they be relatively new or unknown in the media, and have a good story behind their product.

Would greatly appreciate your help!

2014 May 7
Honey -
Ottawa Valley Honey - Sparks St. has a bit of info about him. I've been enjoying his honey for years.
In 2001, Mike Kositsin took over his grandfather's beekeeping business in Arnprior, Ontario. His grandfather, Harry G. Toop was a beekeeper and bee inspector for most of his 93 years in the Ottawa Valley. Over the last 12 years, Mike has built his own business, Ottawa Valley Honey, to include liquid honey, creamed honey, chocolate honey, honey lollipops and beeswax beauty products: soap, sugar body scrub, body butter and lip balm. (www.sparksstreetmall.com)

Hot Sauce -
John Lubrun of Chamomile Desjardins was (is?) the custodian and gardener at Sunnyside Library and he made hot sauce in his spare time.

2014 May 7
" .... eccentric, off the beaten path, indie, ..."

Right here, on Ottawa Foodies ...Contact -> Rizak <-

www.reallyhorrible.ca/

BTW: let us know when u air his segmnent. I always wanted to see what he looks like ... in a kilt, ta-boot !

2014 May 7
I was always told I had a face for radio.

2014 May 8
Thanks for the great leads and ideas, fellow foodies! Keep 'em coming :)

2014 May 14
I avoid anything Rogers on principle.