Speed Gaming - Wingman Edition [Events]

2013 May 10
Hey OF!

We're a little company trying to use food, craft beer and boardgames to bring people together. There are lots of "foodie" events, and lots of fun events w/ mediocre food. We're working to bridge the gap.

Since y'all like food, and we LOVE food, I thought I'd post about our next event. This one's just for singles, but we're planning lots more food+fun related things for the future :D

TMR Proudly Presents: Speed Dating - Wingman Edition

Date: May 27th, 2013
Time: 6:30-9:00, open cocktails from 9:00 - 11:00
Place: TOWN
Cost: $40

This is a singles event, but instead of "dating" it's speed-gaming: the basic mechanics of speed dating will be the same, but with the addition of GAMES!

We're also throwing in another twist: you get to come w/ a friend! You and your (also single, same-gendered) friend will make the rounds as a pair. That means each "date" will be two guys, two gals, and one very fun game.

TOWN will being doing hors d'oeuvres for the evening. Yeah, we thought that might get your attention...

Once the gaming rounds end TOWN will also stay open 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm, so even if you don't manage to snag a ticket you can still come by for casual cocktails.

TICKETS: meeplesrepublic.com

2013 May 10
Reposted to the brewers' list ...

2013 May 10
I've been to a Meeple's Republic event before, they're lots of fun! This is totally worth going to if you're, you know, single. And have a friend.

2013 May 11
Are there any age and ethnicity restrictions too?

:P

2013 May 11
This event is for ages 25-35. Nothing about ethnicity mentioned!

2013 May 13
afinekettle: Aww, thanks for you support!

Okay, okay, it sounds like a lot of details, but we're hoping by focusing it'll make it extra awesome for the people who do fit into the demographic.

We've got more just "food+beer+games" events coming, don't worry :D

2013 May 13
".... the people who do fit into the demographic. "

I'm curious. Can I ask what demographic ?

2013 May 13
CC, that's what half of the discussion is about here. The demographic is:

* Must be Single
* Must be Heterosexual
* Must be 25-35 years of age
* Must have one same-gendered friend who meets all the above conditions and is willing to compete with you for the hot one. ;-)

2013 May 13
I can't see where the above event says heterosexual's only. Is it on the website? I didn't look there.

We've been thinking about hosting 'Weed-Dating" event at our farm, (like speed dating, but you are weeding a garden at the same time, lol!) but we've also been trying to figure out details like that.

Do you have the event for a certain age group? Do they all have to be the same sexual orientation? Do you have separate events for separate demographics? Do you try to make sure the 'odds' are even? (As in if it was for heterosexuals, do you ensure there are an equal number of men and women?)

Maybe it would be easier to have something more open-ended, where it's about making friends, not finding dates. Then it could be all ages, orientations, singles and whatever.

2013 May 13
Oh darn, that's not what popped into my mind with "Weed Dating" ... oh well

2013 May 14
If only the age range was a tiny bit younger, I'd most likely go.

haha!

2013 May 16
OG: we asked a lot of those questions too!

Our first two events were really successful, and they were completely open ended "come meet people" events.

We've had a lot of people asking about specifically doing singles events though, and we thought this format might work (because most people we know go to speed dating w/ friends anyway). Feedback's been really good so far, and tickets are 60% sold.

After the "dating" rounds end TOWN will be open to anyone who wants to stop by for a drink, so even if you don't meet our strict requirements meeps can still come by :D

2013 May 16
I was taking pics at OG's last weed dating event and caught her kids...

should add a winkie ;)

2013 May 16
LOL, Krusty!!

The weed-dating you and Zym are thinking about would be more like a customer appreciation day! ;-)