Cambodian Restaurants?? [General]

2013 Jan 18
I've been looking for a while now for a good Cambodian restaurant in Ottawa and everything that I've found so far is apparently closed! I used to live in Kingston and I'm craving a #1 from Wok-In...(the best Cambodian Thai restaurant in town if anyone is interested)and cannot for the life of me find a replacement in Ottawa. Any recommendations? It's really nothing fancy...just a red panang curry that's decent. Would love any suggestions from the Ottawa Foodie network!!

2013 Jan 18
Yet another Kingston transplant who longs for the food of Pat...

2013 Jan 19
i know siam bistro does panang curry. it's my favourite thai restaurant in ottawa.

#40 Gai Haw Bai Toey is the best thing on the menu

2013 Jan 20
Speaking of Cambodian food, does anyone know if it is possible to find a restaurant in Ottawa that serves amok (or any other Khmer food)?

2013 Jan 20
So sad, no more Cambodian food in town. You have to drive back to k-town for those wonderful curries. Best ever. Sometimes I drive down there just to get my fix.

2013 Jan 21
yep, its been mentioned here about once a year. Take your cooler to Wok Inn and get it filled up. Skip rice, and freeze contents.

2013 Jan 21
Have yet to experience Kingston's finest, but adding to Eastcoast.chef's mention, most Thai places will fix you some version of Panaang. Perhaps Baan Thai - i've heard (2nd hand - not a quotable fact) one of the owners or chefs is Cambodian. Maybe they do something akin to Pat's?

Re. Amok, not Kmer/Cambodian specifically, but w. the lack of restaurants in that genre, a similar Thai version/adaptation is Ho(r) Mok Pla (ref.: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amok_(dish) ). Some places around town, among others, u can find HMP:

www.corianderthai.com/en/
www.sukhothairestaurant.ca
www.pookiesthai.com