Next time you're in Ogdensburg [General]

2012 Nov 16
Check out the Dirty Gringo!

It's not on the main "strip", but if you go a few blocks out of your way (109 Main St) you will be rewarded. It's a really simple Mexican place that serves burritos and tacos at the counter while you stand there (a la Mucho Burrito but a million times better, bigger, cheaper). Ingredients are fresh, and I'd say mine weighed in at at least a pound (one size only). I had beef with the works (rice, beans,house made salsa, jalapenos, veg) and it was stellar - and $7.

$3 will get you a dinner plate of nachos and a soup bowl of either salsa or guac (also homemade and delicious)

The brothers who own and operate the place are lovely and super proud of their food (rightly so). Nothing fancy, but awesomely tasty and fresh.

Lunch for 2 (hubby's burrito was easily and happily veganized)came in at $24.00. Neither of us wanted dinner.

2012 Nov 16
Nice!

Relatedly the JWreck sub place across from the Price Chopper strip mall is surprisingly great.

2012 Nov 16
I was there last year and right inside Price Choppers there is a great little place for $2.50 i had a huge slice of pizza and a ginger ale the crazy thing is it was free refills.

2012 Nov 16
Thanks, I'll be there tomorrow in fact!

2012 Nov 16
Oooh, you can't be serious about JWreck - man that was nasty. Hands down worst sub I have ever had in my life including those cellophane gas station ones.

See my comments in the other Ogdensburg thread

Forum - Restaurant recommendations for Ogdensburg/Canton?

2012 Nov 16
JWreck are "new Jersey" style subs. They are a different beast than other subs.

I'll be through Ogdensburg on Sunday, I'll have to check this place out.

2012 Nov 16
Go to the fish counter at price chopper and they will fry or steam anything for you while you wait. Order up some fried scallops (by the piece or the pound) and they'll add fries and coleslaw if you want then take them to the seating area by the front door.

2015 Aug 29
I did the fresh fish and chips from the Fish counter at Price Chopper.

Chips were nothing special .... but boy the fish was really nice. A piece of cod from the show case and in house slaw, also fresh and crunchy.

All for $5.99US.

Too bad about the current exchange rate or I'd be down to Oggy's-burg more often and would like to try a salmon fish and chips or a mixed seafood fry-up.