Dinner recommendation for market area [General]

2012 Sep 10
A work colleague will be coming in from out of town. He was looking for a recommendation for dinner on a Sunday night in the market area...

My favorite spot is Murray Street but I haven't tried many other good places.

2012 Sep 10
I would stick with your favorite Murray Street. It's unique to Ottawa and any out of towners I have brought there have always been thrilled.

2012 Sep 10
I've never eaten at Murray Street, but if I had one night to eat dinner in the Market I'd struggle to walk past Domus.

2012 Sep 10
I love Domus but they are only open for brunch on Sunday if I remember correctly.

Murray street is great and if he is more interested in small plates and wine Play is good too and they allow BYOB on Sundays.

2012 Sep 11
Play would be a good-tasty and safe choice (esp. on a per diem).

Either way, find out if s/he likes dining alone on Sundays, then (regardless of answer) join said-colleague and report back. :)

2012 Sep 11
How about Smoque Shack? I'm constantly craving their jerk pork. Plus their atmosphere is incredibly casual; perfect for those who don't want something "fancy". I personally find Murray Street nice and casual, but I've had others tell me it was still too "fancy" :P

2012 Sep 11
I'd opt for Murray St followeed by Smoke Shaque, but the pizza at The Grand has been great lately so if your colleague needs a more conservative suggestion that's on the table.

2012 Sep 12
Upvote for The Grand.

2012 Sep 12
i 2nd play - great food, sit upstairs and you can watch the chefs cook

2012 Sep 12
I really like Play's service and wine list, but I've found the food somewhat uninspiring given how much it costs. I want to like Play more than I actually do.