Where can i find Lobster rolls in Ottawa? [General]

2012 Feb 2
Anybody knows where i could find a restaurant that has Lobster rolls? Since i got back from the NY, i am craving it so bad!

Cheers!

2012 Feb 2
Good luck finding Lobster Rolls here in Ottawa

Best to make your own.

Live lobster in Chinatown = $6.95/lb.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I get mine at Sheila's when I'm in Nova Scotia.

2012 Feb 2
Lobster rolls are on the lunch menu at the Shore Club, but they are not the best example. Bread rolls are tasty but I find the ratio of bread to lobster is too high.

2012 Feb 2
I had a very good one at The Back Lane Cafe a couple of weeks ago. But it wasnt the real deal - had some avocado - Kinda fancy!
But it was better than nothing in the Ottawa Winter. It was a special so hit and miss when they will have it again.

Thanks for the pic Captain Caper. Did not know Sheila made them - I guess only in Hubbards, we usually stop at her Bayswater spot! Will put it on our list for next time!

2012 Feb 3
um...i might check back Lane. ..or like blubarru said, make my own.

2012 Feb 3
You there, Terry? Two requests for lobster rolls (Triple D and me). With curly fries too, if possible, for me.

2012 Feb 3
Make it three please

2012 Feb 4
Me too!

2012 Feb 6
I too would come to Petit Bills for a really good lobster roll (with LOTS of lobster in it!)

Terry - If you do offer this, please post it on the forum in a new thread so we can all come down and fill up the restaurant :)

In case anyone is going to NYC, I had the best seafood sliders in Chelsea at the Chelsea Market.

There is a little fish store there that I noticed because they had a huge line up snaking all through the store.

People line up at lunch for their chowder, lobster rolls and seafood sliders (amongst other things).

It's called "The Lobster Place" and the food was to die for.

www.lobsterplace.com/

Here is a pic of my seafood sliders.

They are all served on a brioche bun:

-One lobster roll
-One shrimp roll
-One crab roll with bacon

Served with potato chips. This was AMAZING.

2012 Feb 7
Best Lobster roll I've had in Ottawa (and better than any other I've had away from the ocean) was one glorious day last year when Kevin made them for lunch at Art-is-in. He didn't put them on the menu again because they were too expensive to make, but they were chock full of big chunks of lobster meat - I had a whole claw amongst the meat in mine. I told him that they were perfect and I for one would pay a higher price for them if only he would make them again.

2012 Feb 11
uhmm I could go for a lobster roll too... but would be great to have a whole grain option for the bun..

2012 Feb 12
@ Ksw...i really need to check out that place in NYC.

I paid 27$ for a lobster roll in NYC and a drink and it was worth it. I had to eat the extra topping with a fork.

2012 Feb 12
Triple D

where did you have the lobster roll in NYC

2012 Feb 12
Lobster roll on a whole grain roll? Sacrilege!

For good NYC lobster rolls, Luke's is amazing, fresh and affordable.

2012 Feb 12
I think the last time I had a lobster roll was boston.

I tend not to think of lobster roll in NYC with the different food choices:D

2012 Feb 12
@travelfood, Got the lobster roll from Ed's Lobster Bar Kiosk in the financial district.

2012 Feb 15
Red Lobster has them.. but Red Lobster isn't very good IMO.

2012 Feb 16
You can't. Lobster rolls are a myth, like leprechauns and unicorns and the female orgasm. Maritimers like to spread gossip about these 'lobster rolls' that are delicious and cheap and plentiful and easy to find, but it's all a big fib.

Never trust anyone from the east coast.

Oh, wait. That's me!

2012 Mar 17
Wellington Gastropub is serving 'Lobster Buns' as an appy tonight.

www.thewellingtongastropub.com

2012 Mar 17
A trip to PEI or to Maine seems to be the best way to enjoy a lobster roll or deep fried clams or anything like that. :)

2012 Jun 3
lobster croissants on the menu at Petit Bill's Bistro

2012 Jun 4
Currently on the menu at the Whalesbone, though I have not tried it.

2012 Jun 25
was in westboro on an errand on Friday and was trying to go for a late lunch and get some lobster roll at petit bill but they were closed for a private function between 2 and 6 pm.

Ended up going to Royal Oak for a beer and they had lobster rolls ($11.99) and seemed to have copied the lobster poutine as part of their LobsterFest. Took the lobster roll/fries and changed to sweet potato fries with the 2 hot dog buns with lobster salad.. The lobster roll was average and sweet potato fries were okay but not very memorable. Tried to ask the waitress if they copied the lobster poutine from petit Bill's and she did not even know about it lol.

2012 Jun 25
Boston Pizza has a lobster menu now, including a lobster roll of sorts. Their non-pizza stuff I find to be hit or miss unfortunately, so proceed with caution. Their haddock fish & chips is a hit, but some of their sandwiches are a miss, as are some of the apps, eg. hard, greasy, salty rib tips.

Great place for Euro, we had the whole bar section to ourselves Saturday afternoon (Gatineau store) and all the TVs were on soccer, as was the sound.

2012 Jun 29
Finally had time to download the photos and resize them and convert to .jpg.

This was the lobster roll I has at Royal Oak.. Substituted sweet potato fries for an additional $1.99. The sweet potato fries were a bit better at Clocktower.