flying with maple syrup [General]

2011 Mar 23
i've looked and can't find any info, are vistors to canada allowed to fly home with maple syrup? specifically, flying back to india?

2011 Mar 23
I've flown with canned maple syrup to the UK before with no issues in checked luggage. Couldn't speak specifically to Indian customs, but I don't see why it would be an issue in checked luggage.

2011 Mar 24
I have flown with canned maple syrup to many countries without issues, UK, France, Prague, etc.

With the current rules, it needs to be in checked luggage.

2011 Mar 24
I had family members bring maple syrup to India with no problem. Granted, this was several years ago, but I do not believe anything has changed in that regard.

2011 Mar 24
As the others have noted, I've flown with maple syrup (both canned and bottled) to several countries: China, Cuba, Spain, etc.

2011 Mar 24
We gave big bottles of it away in the courtesy packages for an international conference I helped to arrange, so I sure hope so! I'd hate to see these guys guzzling the stuff in the line waiting to get to customs.

2011 Mar 24
It would usually depend on the destination country's import policies. For Canada, you can find out what kind and how much of certain products you can import at CFIA's import reference system: www.inspection.gc.ca