kevlar butcher's glove [General]

2011 Feb 14
any experience with these and how well they work?

I know they won't help with stabbing but neither will the SS glove.

2011 Feb 16
Where can you pick up these gloves?
I would love to get one.

Haven't thought to look for one though...I keep on forgetting to do that.
Any cheaper US websites have them?
I'm headed there next week,,,and bought a bunch of stuff online to bring back :)

I'm always afraid of cutting my fingers on the mandoline.
And what is worst for me is I bleed very easily and if I even get a small cut I'm stuck holding my finger 1+ hour sometimes.
I have some special blood stop products here,but hate using them (well do not need them often at least).

Funny thing is I worked in a restaurant 6+ months and had to prep all the vegetables,sauces,cut so much stuff and never remember cutting myself!

2011 Feb 16
I know you're a fan of videos Zym, not sure if you're familiar with this site: www.askthemeatman.com

I've used a Spectra Kevlar glove while fileting fish before - not bad comfortwise, works well to resist slashes, get one that fits properly though. Probably more comfortable than a SS glove for extended use.

2011 Feb 16
Russel Equipment has them for about 20 bucks

2011 Feb 16
Oh I'm not recommending you buy it from that site, but they've got a little video demoing a few kevlar gloves and a sleeve. You can get them for even less on ebay!

2014 Oct 27
Princess Auto has kevlar gloves for an amazing $1.99!

I did not buy one because it was a not a comfortable fit for my hand, and the one I bought 3 years ago at Russell for $20 is still in perfect shape so I don't need it. Though in hindsight for the price I should have picked one up to try.

It seemed to me to be of the same thickness and quality as the one I have - just not the same fit.

2014 Oct 30
I've never cut myself in the kitchen (in the garage, I've had some close calls with power tools).

2014 Oct 30
Not everyone is a risk-taker like you, Francis. Some people enjoy the use of their fingers and thumbs more and have a preferred level of safety and equipment.

Some people wear hearing protection when mowing the lawn in flip flops.