What's Open On Christmas Day? [General]

2010 Dec 17
Hi,
My dad is coming from Toronto late on Christmas Eve and then I'm moving back to Toronto Christmas morning, so I'm wondering what place is open on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas morning.

It's going to be a Christmas/Graduation celebration/Moving back to Toronto dinner and/or breakfast, but I haven't decided if I should celebrate diner-style or fancy-dinner style yet, so anything type of restaurant is fine.

Thanks!

2010 Dec 18
Hope you like Chinese food. They genrally don't recognize Xmas.

2010 Dec 18
Hotels are usually a good bet for Christmas- the Hilton Lac Leamy has a whole bunch of different restos.

My Christmas tradition is to work and then pick up Chinese on the way home- I'm anti Christmas...

2010 Dec 19
Was also going to recommend hotels. I heard Wilfred's at the Chateau Laurier is serving Christmas Dinner.

2010 Dec 20
Since you`ll have guests, I highly suggest double checking with places you`re considering (ahead of time).

2010 Dec 20
the turkish restaurant on preston will be open on the 24th and 25th.
Topkapi Turkish Restaurant

for breakfast on the go, kettleman's bagels in the glebe will be open. a great place to load up on bagels for the drive back to toronto. they have breakfast bagels.

edit to add: carleton tavern (off parkdale) is serving a free christmas dinner. there will be a vegetarian option provided by indian express as well. they serve from 11am - 3pm.

2010 Dec 21
You could probably get a good meal in at any Eastern European resto (e.g. Amber Garden, Dalmacia, New Dubrovnik) seeing as how Orthodox Xmas is in early January. Yay, borsht!

2010 Dec 21
Yay for hunky Christmas! Our boys are always excited that they get two Christmases.

2010 Dec 23
I really like Tucker's Marketplace downtown for Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner. They have a great assortment and good price (about $20 pp?).

Also open on Xmas day are the hotel at the Lord Elgin (not great - tiny quantities) and the hotel at the Chateau Cartier. This last one is a great option as the food is wonderful (it's Quebec!) and gourmet, and the restaurant is very elegant. It's a buffet. They have croquembouche! Bit pricy though, about $45 pp.

Merry Christmas!