Restaurant Thanksgiving [General]

2010 Oct 3
We are a family of three this year, and no one feels like cooking! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we can go for a Thanksgiving dinner out?

2010 Oct 6
Prime 360 and Perspectives at Brookstreet have nice menus if you're looking for a fancier dinner in Ottawa. Les Fougeres in Chelsea has a nice table d'hote for Thanksgiving.

If you're looking for a nice family brunch, check out Monterey Inn's Sunday brunch. Capital cruises also does a Thanksgiving cruise/brunch.

For something more casual, Rideau carleton raceway is doing a special Monday brunch raceday for families.

2010 Oct 6
You could always pick up a prepared turkey meal from Le Café - check out their website for more details.

2010 Oct 6
I'm in the same boat as you Jazz....wish I could help. I'm too burnt out this year to host Thanksgiving, and my extended family has not jumped in to offer. My mother-in-law suggest we go to a restaurant, but I can't seem to find one that is serving Turkey.

2010 Oct 6
I'll continue to pimp Le Café's thanksgiving turkey takeaway dinner! Check out the details here: www.nac-cna.ca

I think tomorrow is the last day to get your order in for the weekend. Enjoy!

2010 Oct 6
I admit to having quite enjoyed one Thanksgiving dinner at Swiss Chalet with my wife. There were quite a few other people snarfing a plate of poultry there.

Keep your expectations low, feel a little sheepish, and have a good time! :-)

2010 Oct 6
Hmm, Swiss Chalet you say? Alternatively, go to Nando's (it tastes better), then hit a grocer to pick up a pumpkin pie, whipped cream and some cranberry sauce. Pimp out a can of cranberry sauce by spiking it with some Nando's piripiri sauce = YUM.

2010 Oct 6
Yeah, but only at Swiss Chalet can you feel like you're having Thanksgiving dinner with Grandma (actually, several). :P

I second the reco for Nandos. When it comes to chicken, they're the best in the West (of Ottawa).

Not to derail the discussion too much, but has anyone tried the giant pumpkin pies being sold at Costco these days? They looked good and were bargain-priced at $5.99.

2010 Oct 7
FF, I have had the pumpkin pie. They are pretty good. Not as good as the old Stittsville Bakery but MUCH better than those $4 pies at Loblaws (Farmer's Market brand?). I find commercial pies always have a bit of a tinny taste, this one is less so.

My wife picked one up again this year. Partly because we are hosting a crowd and partly because it leaves lots of leftovers for her home-made pumpkin pie ice cream.

2010 Oct 9
Just read Jean Albert's is having Thanksgiving specials tomorrow Turkey, Stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, and more.

2010 Oct 12
I'm a little late with this but Dunns was serving Thanksgiving dinner all weekend (Saturday, Sunday, Monday). They were serving turkey and all the trimmings. Something to keep in mind for next year.

2010 Oct 12
As it turned out, we went to the New Edinburgh Clocktower. Food was meh and both my brother and I had to send ours back as the stuffing was cold. I find that the service is always cheerful and obliging though. Fortunately the Pumpkin Spice Ale was wicked!
Thanks for all the ideas folks...