where to get local lamb [Food/Vendor]

2009 Jun 15
Does anyone have a source (within 50km)to get local lamb, looking for leg of lamb for a dinner party on Saturday.

2009 Jun 15
If you search one of my local meat threads for Frank, he has a friend who raises it. He will source me local lamb any time I want with my pork or beef orders, and he will not mark it up any. Delivers it free with my pork/beef order. But you need to take a whole lamb, and he probably won't deliver if you don't buy his beef/pork :-) Though probably will just give you the contact info ...

2009 Jun 15
I'll check that out.

2009 Jun 15
Tell him a former "Norstar" person who makes his own beer sent you and he'll treat you like royalty :-)

2009 Jun 15
Canreg Station: www.pasturedairy.com/
Yum!

2009 Jun 16
I get my lamb at Aubrey's or at one of the farmers who are part of the naturallamb.ca collective.

2009 Jun 16
I got excellent fresh (as in not frozen) local lamb a few weeks ago from a vendor at the Landsdown farmer's market. I think only 1 has it fresh, others offer frozen. It was nice and tasty, much much better than the stuff you buy at large outlets and since you are buying directly from the farmer...

Didn't ask their name - sorry. Their booth was located at the south-west corner.

2009 Jun 16
Coookie - that's Canreg Station, they make cheese from sheep's milk and sell lamb meat (various cuts & ground). I made some wicked fennel lamb meatballs with the ground meat, as well as kofta skewers, delish.

2009 Jun 16
Guess it's going to be for later, the "guest" of honor has now changed
their mind about lamb.
Thanks for the info, it's quite useful even if it's not applied immediately.