Student Job with Beaus! [General]

2009 Mar 16
I got this message this morning in my Facebook inbox, and thought I would pass it on, in the event that any of you know a student looking for a job this summer (other than me, who can`t get to Vanleek Hill).

------------------

Hello again,

We're looking for a student to do bottle-filling for us for weekends until school lets out and full time once the school year is over.

Because this job is not working with the public bilingual is not a must (English or French is cool), but it is a long day of physical work.

Pay is $9.25/hr + 10 litres beer/week
This is in Vankleek Hill, so you need to

If interested send me your resume by email or drop by the brewery.

Cheers,

Steve

2009 Mar 16
LWB - This gave me a bit of a chuckle... I think the guys from Beaus should have clearly put in their ad that the job was ONLY open to those 19+ (I believe as is the law when it comes to handling alcohol in Ontario)... without that phrase, I'm guessing they'll see a lot of High School Students applying "thinking" they've discovered Nirvana. LOL

2009 Mar 16
LOL. Very good point F&T, but I also think that Beaus tends to cater to an older age range, rather than the under agers. Not that they shouldn't have said something.

2009 Mar 17
Clearly the ad as posted is not complete : one sentence at least has been cut off, so the question remains : how much more was cut off?

WHere did you get this L.W.B? And where is the rest of it?

i.e "This is in Vankleek hill, so you need to ..."

Need to what?

2009 Mar 17
Zym - When I first read that I thought the same as you...

"This is in Vankleek Hill, so you need to -- have transportation" (for example)

then I read it all together as one thought...

"This is in Vankleek Hill, so you need to if interested send me your resume by email or drop by the brewery."

And then well lets say I got down right silly...

"This is in Vankleek Hill, so you need to -- obviously own a pair of sh!t kickers and a John Deere hat."

(I can say this, because I know one can take the Girl out of the Country, but you'll never take the Country out of the Girl, let alone ever get all the cow sh!t, mud or chaff washed off!).

--- --- ---

PS... NEWS FROM BEAUS - According to their Website www.beaus.ca Bog Water is now SOLD OUT.

2009 Mar 18
Yep, that is the whole of it. It was in the form of a facebook message sent out to all the members of the "Beau's" fan page.