Georgian Drinking Horn [General]

2008 Nov 30
I mentioned this in another thread. Here is my friend Jens drinking wine from a Georgian (republic of the former Soviet Union) drinking horn. This is the small horn - unfortunately I don't seem to have any pics of the big one which was about the size of my arm. The small one was a gift from our friends in the Georgian mafia, but they kept the big one for themselves.

2008 Nov 30
this would make a cool holiday gift for drinkers out there

little off topic but you always mention living in the USSR and Germany. what brought you there anyways?

2008 Nov 30
How about my collection of Serbian Sipping Slippers ?

2008 Nov 30
Hey Monty, my mother's parents are from Poland and Ukraine, and so at university I studied Russian since that's the closest they had. There was a new student exchange that started up and I was one of the first students to go on it. I was there for 10 months and returned to Canada about 2 months before the fall of the Soviet Union.

And while I was there I met a German woman who was also on exchange, so I spent a year back in Canada studying hard at German and applying to university in Germany, then moved there for 2 years until we broke up.