Food Blogs? [General]

2007 Jan 21
I figure at least some of the folks who participate on this site must read some of the foodie blogs out there. Anyone have any favourites they'd like to share?

My contributions:

For the wine geeks: www.worldsofwine.com/
Just plain fun to read: www.amateurgourmet.com
Local foodie who shares her wonderful recipes on her blog: definitelynotmartha.blogspot.com
Paris + Chocolate = Mmm: www.davidlebovitz.com/

2007 Jan 21
Wow! I need to upgrade my camera to SLR type digital camera so that I can take better pictures like those posted at the blog sites.

2007 Jan 22
My absolute favourite food blog is Chocolate and Zucchini. It is written by a girl from Paris, who used to live in the states for a couple of years and has a better command of the English language than most people I know (including myself!!).
She started the blog at the age of 23 (I think?) and it has taken off around the world. Her first cookbook is coming out in a couple of months.

When I came across her blog, I decided to start reading it from the beginning (check out the archives) and I am so glad I did, because not having done that, I would not feel like an "insider" now and know what and who she is talking about half the time. I am still not up to date with her current blog as I am still at September 2006 and she started in Sept 2003.

She is the most amazing writer and I have tried many of her recipes. She writes about all her restaurant outings in Paris and also has a Moblog, on which she posts daily pictures (over and above her blog ones) from her day to day food related activities in Paris.

She has an entry from August 2006, when she went to the restaurant "Elbulli" in Spain. It's one of those "Scientific Food" restaurants. It was a 6 hour meal, and she actually took a photo and description of each and every item that she ate. If you don't want to read her blog, at least read this one entry just for the "coolness" and "amazement" factor. The Elbulli restaurant was opened in 1961 and you can read all about it's history on their site and see more pictures of their amazing food!

Ok - enough gushing........enjoy!!

Here is her site:
chocolateandzucchini.com/

Elbulli:
www.elbulli.com/

2007 Jan 22
Get ready....These are the ones I check pretty much daily. Some of these update quite infrequently though. * indicates my favorites.

101 Cookbooks *
www.101cookbooks.com/

Coconut and Lime
coconutlime.blogspot.com/

Eaten Up
www.pagehalffull.com/eatenup/

Endless Banquet
endlessbanquet.blogspot.com/

Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
blog.fatfreevegan.com/

Foodies Accross Borders
foodiesacrossborders.com/

The Fumbling Foodie
fumblingfoodie.typepad.com

Gluten-Free By the Bay *
glutenfreebay.blogspot.com

Gluten-Free Goddess
glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

Je Mange La Ville *
www.jemangelaville.com/

Kitchen Parade
kitchen-parade.blogspot.com/

Lex Culinaria *
www.lexculinaria.com/

Lucillian Delights *
lucullian.blogspot.com/

Men In Aprons
www.meninaprons.net/

Never Trust a Culinary Student
www.culinarystudent.us/

Pinch My Salt
pinchmysalt.wordpress.com/

Simply Recipes *
www.elise.com/recipes/

Slashfood *
www.slashfood.com/

The Spice Must Flow
www.of2minds.org/spice/

La Tartine Gourmande
www.beaskitchen.com/blog

Tigers & Strawberries
www.tigersandstrawberries.com/

Too Many Chefs
www.toomanychefs.com/

The Traveler's Lunchbox
www.travelerslunchbox.com

Vegan Lunch Box
veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Vegan Ventures
veganventures.blogspot.com

What We're Eating
www.whatwereeating.com/

Weighty Matters ***
bmimedical.blogspot.com

2007 Jan 22
Wow.. some great links there. I have lots of reading to do!!

2007 Jan 23
Just wanted to thank Candice for posting the link to my blog!

I love reading food blogs...smittenkitchen is my current favourite - www.smittenkitchen.com

Ashley, I HIGHLY recommend a digital SLR...it's practically idiot-proof (me=case in point) and gives you so much more control. I have a Nikon D70 and you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands to get me to give it up. ;)

2007 Jan 23
Chez Pim:
chezpim.typepad.com/

I (heart) farms:
smallfarms.typepad.com/

2007 Jan 28
mrbunsrocks, next toy I want to buy is Nikon D80. I have to save money now. Hopefully my son manages to get a scholarship for his university entry next year.