Giovanni's.... [General]

2008 Nov 24
Ouch. Countdown to namechange? Foggetaboutit.
www.cbc.ca

2008 Nov 24
yikes. i've eaten there a few times over the years and enjoyed it.

they certainly had a flair for attention with a few million dollars worth of cars parked outside sometimes!

2008 Nov 25
.... and I thought it was Parmesan Cheese in those shakers. No wonder they were going through all those straws in that place.

2008 Nov 25
LOL @ CC

Damn. They served up some good seafood. I wonder what will happen to the place.

2008 Nov 25
This just in...

I hear the place is going to stay open but with new ownership, and the new man in charge is named John-Pierre Blackburn.
;-)

2008 Nov 25
I guess John-Pierre made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

2008 Nov 25
Captain C - LOL.
Look you and I got it covered,
its the BEFORE
and AFTER Shot ---->

You'd think that people would learn something after Al Capone... obviously it still works. BIG EXPEN$IVE Cars attract attention from the Tax Man and his G-Men. (or in our case the RCMP Men).

2008 Nov 26
Giovanni's ... Ottawa's original Restaurant/Laundermat !!

2008 Nov 26
To be fair to Giovanni's, it ain't over til it's over, or...

That said, as a wine nut, I certainly hope that the restaurant stays open, they do have one of the best wine cellars in the Region... and there are so few places that have both good food & wine, and is somewhat affordable to the masses.

2008 Nov 28
This restaurant is crap.

2008 Nov 28
^ what a comprehensive review. care to elaborate?

i first ate there about 7 years ago, and most recently about 5 years ago. so my opinion is quite stale, which happens often with restaurant reviews. iirc both times i had veal/pasta and it was good. service was very attentive but unobtrusive.

i don't mind people calling restaurants crap, but please tell us WHY it was crap :P