the hunt for a mini slow cooker [General]

2008 Sep 12
I am looking for a 1.5 qt crock pot/slow cooker. Does anyone know where can I go to find one. There are quite a few on Amazon.com but I am afraid the shipping charges will be more than the price itself. Thank you.

2008 Sep 12
I've seen one recently at Canadian Tire - however that store was in Regina, not Ottawa - but other stores accross Canada may also have them I suppose. I had a friend who got one at Walmart about 3 years ago as well. Niether sugestion is THAT helpful I suppose, but it's a start - maybe you can give those chains a call to see if they stock one :P

2008 Sep 13
xscargo have one for 12.87$
www2.shopxscargo.com

2008 Sep 13
That's where I saw one recently! XS Cargo on Merivale! It was my first and only time in there - just a few weeks ago.

2008 Sep 15
spicegirl Have you tried the department stores? I'm pretty sure Sears and the Bay have them. I am on my second slow cooker and both of them were a gift from my mom. I would also echo FiH's suggestion and try Walmart. I'm not sure if a trip to the east end is feasible for you but Walmart has a new superstore on Innes maybe you could try there? Good luck in your search I know I can't live without my slow cooker!

2008 Sep 15
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
i went to xscargo (it's a great store, btw) directly and found it right away. save time and energy. i am grateful for your help, everyone!
this crock pot is to make baby food for my 7 month old like rice porridge.
thumbs up to foodies members!

2008 Sep 15
I'm glad to have been able to help, I love that store ..... to my wife's contempt.