new chocolatier in Parkdale Market area [General]

2008 Aug 21
A coworker just came by with a big box of chocolates for sampling. He just relocated from Vancouver and lives near the Parkdale Market (my ears perked up when I heard him say that). Got to chatting and his wife is looking to open up a shop in the area.

Please stay tuned!

BTW, the chocolates were extremely good!

2008 Aug 21
Zym: If you live in that area, and you like chocolate, head down to the Candy Store (ottawafoodies.com/vendor/1527) and buy some Galler chocolate. It is the most heavenly, amazing chocolate. So amazing, it has been given the Duke of Belgium's seal *arf arf* (or whatever noise a seal makes...).

It's worth venturing into Westboro for, but needless to say, I can't wait for this place to open if it is in Parkdale.

2008 Aug 21
Do you happen to know what the name of her store in Vancouver was? (that's assuming she had one there too?)

2008 Aug 21
She did not - this is a new venture. She did do an apprenticeship out there though, but I'm not sure the name of the place

2008 Oct 29
Hi everyone - I just joined Ottawa Foodies yesterday and thanks to "Food & Think" discovered this thread today. My name is Lori and Zym is referring to my chocolate business called "koko chocolates". I just moved from Vancouver with my husband and have started a new venture out here (as Zym mentioned). I trained in Vancouver as well as at the Cordon Bleu school and at the Callebaut Academy near Montreal. I'm currently running my business out of my home until the time is right to open up a retail store.

If you're interested in trying my chocolate truffles, check out my webpage at: www.kokochocolates.ca
(a bigger and better website is soon to come)

Great to be a member of this forum - it looks like a great group of people! Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hearing your comments!

2008 Oct 29
Note to koko : I can't read the blue text at the bottom - the links for contact us and place an order. Not sure if it's just my slightly colorblind eyes or what, but I just can't make out the blue against the background

2008 Nov 30
Hi Zym - we were definitely having difficulty with our temporary page. My permanent page is now up and running and I'm sure you'll find it much better!!
www.kokochocolates.ca

2008 Nov 30
koko - Just wanted to say that your new permanent website is great looking... and is making me drool.

I especially liked reading the story behind the company... what a great idea combining your two loves into one. I wish you much success!

2008 Dec 11
Lori's dedication shows in her chocolates. Highly Recommended.

2009 Jan 8
Hey everyone!!

Hope you had a fantastic holiday full of great food and drinks! I was happy to meet some fellow foodies this Christmas season. I'd like to offer all members of Ottawa Foodies a 10% discount on my chocolate truffles for the month of January. Please check out my site (www.kokochocolates.ca) and mention that you saw my promotion on Ottawa Foodies when you order.

Look forward to meeting more of you!
Lori

2009 Jan 8
Now that's my kind of advertising - the kind that comes with a discount :-)