pulled pork [General]

2008 Jul 3
Just to add to the discussion about BBQ, I thought I would show a couple of pic of the ribs and shoulder we cooked for Canada Day on our BGE.
Large shoulder cooked for about 21 hours... scrumptious!

2008 Jul 3
and the ribs...

2008 Jul 3
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh !!!

There is only one thing better than a Bradley Smoker, and that's a Big Green Egg !

You and your smoked meats ROCK !! I can smell the smokiness from here ... no, sorry, that's just my fingers smelling, from pulling my pork recently. ;-)

foodntrave: Did you ever visit Craig "Meathead" Goldwyn's website ?

www.amazingribs.com/

Some nice info / tips / recipes in there ..... Sooooo Americana.

2008 Jul 3
Thanks for the tip CC...we will definitely check it out!
I really enjoyed reading your posts regarding you adventures in 'smokey' land!
It is very rewarding to see the meat transform....

2008 Jul 3
Im soooo stoked on all this smoking thing.

Just looking at this rib picture gets me drooling. mmmmm bark !!

I now have plans for my own (double?) smoked bacon, smoked game and the ultimate challange, some cold smoked wild salmon (to serve with bagels, cream cheese and Spanish capers).

Keep on smoking on.

2008 Jul 4
CC You twisted, twisted man. Forcing me to see a picture like that just before lunch. That's a *delicious*-looking halo right there.

2008 Jul 4
Where can you get the big green egg in ottawa?

2008 Jul 4
www.bbqing.com is one place I know of. There is also a place in North Gower or Kemptville.

2008 Jul 4
There is the fireplace store on Carling, also Hardings? fireplace store on Carp Rd. I believe there may be a couple of other places around town.

2008 Jul 4
I saw some last year at Capital Fireplace and BBQ in Orleans, they should still have some.

Or.... look here www.biggreenegg.ca

2008 Jul 5
I have 2 butts on the bbq since 5 this morning, thank you coffee gods!

2008 Jul 7
You can get the Egg at the above mentioned places as well as Capital City Appliances, (Slack Rd??)in that area anyway. Also on Innes Rd at Fireplace and Patio (we got ours there).
Keep on smokin'.... !