Foodie Tour in Toronto [Travel]

2008 Apr 24
Woodstone Restaurant

FYI: Address: 20 Apple Creek Blvd., Unit 2, Markham (Hwy 7 & Woodbine)

we went there for dinner on a Friday night.. we first ordered a Mango salad..
then chicken in red curry sauce with yams and veggies, comes with 2 roti breads, (P.S. this one was good & hot!) ..And one of their signature dishes - Tender morsels of ox tail slow cooked in red wine sauce with onion and bells peppers.
We liked it very much as the Ox Tail was very tender... finally we ordered sir fried Pad-Thai with seafood and bean sprouts. The table next to us had Belecan fried chicken rice noodle, that looks good too, I think we will try that next time!

Overall, we like this restaurant, it is not very crowded, & the food tasted good.

2008 Apr 24
Ox tail stew slow cooked in red wine sauce..yummy

2008 Apr 24
Pad-thai

2008 Apr 24
Queen’s Congee

FYI: Address: 2920 Steeles Avenue East, Thornhill (Steeles & Hwy 404)

2008 Apr 24
inside

2008 Apr 24
My number # 1 suggestion is “Fried Chilli Turnip Patties (星洲炒蘿蔔糕)”, where my friends keep saying that it was delicious. That why we ordered, the flavor was strong, but not overly, very good overall.

2008 Apr 24
#2 - stir fried beef with mushroom in OX sauce – tasty too.

2008 Apr 24
#3 - For congee, we ordered their special of the month– don’t remember the name, but it’s also good.

2008 Apr 24
#4 – fried rice noodle roll with X.O. sauce – so so - no pic..sorry
Nice experience overall.

2008 Apr 24
Gal’s Sushi
FYI: 3621 Hwy 7 East, Markham

It is a Japanese-Korean restaurant; there are both Japanese and Korean dishes on the menu.
Food is good and Service is quick.

2008 Apr 24
miso soup and Salad

2008 Apr 24
Side dishes

2008 Apr 24
Rainbow roll
Dragon Roll

2008 Apr 24
Dwen Jang Chi-gae

2008 Apr 24
Sashimi

2008 Apr 24
Northern Dumpling King

FYI: 3229 Highway 7 Unit 3 Markham
3290 Midland Ave Unit 2, Scarborough

The foods we find in Ottawa Chinatown are most Cantonese style, authentic Northern style buns and dumplings are so hard to find. This is a true Northern Chinese restaurant, a hidden gem!

2008 Apr 24
- Fried spring onion pancake.

2008 Apr 24
- Cold dish: sliced pork and cucumber with wide transparent noodle in Chinese dark vinegar and seaseme sauce

2008 Apr 24
Hand made noodle with stewed pork and veggies

2008 Apr 24
- steamed dumplings (Pork and Chinese leek)

2008 Apr 24
Korean cuisine – Joon’s restaurant

FYI: Joons Restaurant (Special taste of Korean food)
Downtown: 605 Bloor St. W., Toronto M6G 1K6; Tel: 416-538-2661
North York: 4852 Yonge St., North York M2N 5N2; Tel: 416-840-0589

We ordered a Hot-pot- with marinated beef, pork bone, octopus, Korean sausages,
And veggies in a hot sauce in a pan - cooking on your table.
The experience was pretty good overall and the service was pretty good too.

2008 Apr 24
Before

2008 Apr 24
After -- yummy

2008 Apr 24
TenRen’s Tea Time 喫茶新饌

FYI: 111 Times Avenue, Unite 101, Richmond Hill (Hwy 7/Bayview)

We went to “TenRen” Tea Time for the tea and desserts, since we just had dinner at Joon’s. Looking at the menu, there were quite a few cool items that still were available, most of them are well-known Taiwanese items/snacks, and of course, the large selection of DimSum.

They also have well-designed combo menu - chose 1 soup out of 3, 1 meat/fish entree out of 9, 1 veggie dish out of 3, 1 dessert out of 3, and 1 drink out of 6 different kinds of cold drinks + 6 different types of hot drinks.

Overall, I like this place, the decoration is more traditional with the bamboo color tone - when you go in, you see a section of the store selling all sorts of tea (dry tea leaves) on your right side.

2008 Apr 24
Chinese Style milk shake w/Red bean, taro, cooked peanuts

2008 Apr 24
Destiny – tea, dessert, Asian cuisine

FYI: Destiny Tea House/Restaurant
163 York Blvd., Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4A7
*Cash only*

This is a popular bubble tea/Chinese tea destination in North Toronto Area among young ppl. Since the opening of the new Destiny Tea House/Restaurant in Richmond Hill, I’ve heard a lot about it.
Obviously, it’s a huge place. The design is quite cool. With different levels and styles of seats, it’s more interesting. The atmos is great, decoration is modern rather than traditional Chinese style, also, the crowd is much younger compare to Ten-Ren’s TEA House.

Crepe with golden Mango ice cream
Chinese style of milk shake/shaved ice – with grass jelly topping

2008 Apr 24
It all looks delicious! Excellent set of posts.

Seeing the oxtail got me thinking: more places should offer oxtail. That and goat. They're so delicious.

2008 Apr 25
I haven't tried Congee Queen yet. Next time. Thanks.