New Four-Diamond Award winner [Food/Vendor]

2008 Apr 3
From Ron Eade's blog ~ The Capital Dining Room at the Delta Ottawa Hotel and Suites has achieved its first four-diamond award from the CAA.
I read that and thought The Capital Dining Room? Huh? Who? And I live downtown. Doh! There's not even a tag for them here.
The two other restaurants that have maintained their four-diamond status: Beckta Dining & Wine and Perspectives.
The city's two five-diamond restaurants; Signatures and Le Baccara.

Then hit the DQ for your favourite Blizzard afterwards. :)

Full details here (thank you Ron);
communities.canada.com

2008 Apr 4
Surprised, and not so surprised.

Anne DesBrisay the food critic for the Ottawa Citizen did a review on the Capital Dining Room recently (Sunday, March 2nd - you can find it online). She was surprised that great food could once again be found at a hotel dining room. I for one hope it is a sign of things to come... I have fond memories as a kid eating in fancy restaurants in hotels. Perhaps the hotels are working harder (paying more attention, and money) finally to attrack talented staff.

I never understood why this went by the wayside, afterall a hotel is the often the "first impression" a visitor gets to a city... and food is a very important part of tourism.

2008 Apr 4
"Surprised that good food could once again be found at a hotel dining room?"

Man, people don't give Perspectives any respect, do they ;)