unbeer [Booze]

2017 May 28
I've started drinking a lot of de-alcoholized beers at home. I liked the Molson Excel and my new favourite is the PC Blonde.

I also noticed that they have a new PC Lemon Radler, which I find quite good. I just picked up a 4-pack of the Grolsch Lemon Radler, but don't like it as much. I love a good radler, but they are mostly made with grapefruit, which I am supposed to avoid because of a possible medication interaction.

2017 May 28
Also the great thing about these, you can drive around drinking one with the windows down on a country road without it being morally wrong. Country music playing of course.

2017 May 28
erdinger makes good non alcoholic beer

2017 May 31
Shite where do you get such Erdinger?

2017 Jun 1
i know the loblaws on isabella has it.

2017 Jun 2
krusty,
I know that the Kichesippi brewery used to carry it. That was a few years ago, though.

2017 Jun 29
I was at a party marking Eid (the end of Ramadan) for Muslims. We were offered drink served in a bottle that looks (and basically tastes like) beer. Just like the picture above of this "malt beverage" (aka "unbeer") brand was Barbican. Not that bad at all ... since then I looked them up online and see that this seems to be all the rage in Muslim countries, etc.

I imagine you could buy them at the Middle Eastern food market on St. Laurent drive but don't quote me on this!

Happy Canada, my foodies friends.

And pls let me know if you discover any decent places to eat downtown while partaking in Canada Day festivities. I have low expectations for finding anything reasonably priced to eat. I've made peace with the fact that prices are likely going to be ridiculously high for very mediocre food. But please if you can prove me wrong, please do so!

2017 Jun 29
flexie You are brave coming downtown on Canada Day;) I live downtown and I am anticipating a nightmare... Having said that I could recommend the following places:

East India Company They are located on Somerset just off Elgin. When I eat in I usually go for the buffet and everything is delicious. They have a tandoor set up at one end of the buffet and you get to watch one of their chefs making fresh naan while you are there.

Raon Kitchen They have a food truck at Bank and Slater on weekdays and they are located at the Lansdowne farmers market on Sundays but they now have a resto on Laurier just off Elgin. They are only open at lunch but their bap is delicious.

Scone Witch is in the same building as Raon Kitchen and also open only at lunch IIRC but a nice option if you are looking for lunch options.

Shafali is located on Dalhousie in the market and they are open for lunch and dinner. It is my favourite Indian place (East India Company is a close second) and they aren't too expensive.

All restos above are reasonably priced IMHO.

Let us know how you made out!