pour-over coffee stand [General]

2017 Mar 3
A new batch of these will be ready soon: the Really Horrible Coffee stand. I'm just waiting on one more item and they'll be flying out the door again.

A lab-quality borosilicate glass funnel that perfectly fits a Chemex paper filter, in a black pipe stand on a black walnut base. I've cleaned and waxed the pipe so it doesn't smell and used mineral oil on the wood. It's gorgeous. The above picture is the batch I made for Christmas.

If you need one immediately, they have 2 left at MakerHouse on Wellington ($70). You can reserve one from me and get a small discount ($65).

I have a question: would anyone be interested in one of these with 2 funnels? The base would be wider and would sport a funnel on either side of the pole. This is product research at its finest: polling the people who matter.

2017 Mar 4
beautiful stuff rizak !

2017 Mar 4
Uhm.....I hate to ask an obvious question, but can one get one's head under the funnel should there be a social event requiring people to funnel a beer? Or is that feature optional?

2017 Mar 10
This reminds me of the pipe lamps I have seen online.

The website Banggood has a bunch of pipe lamps with funky knobs and they look very industrial.
I might buy one, but not too sure where I would put it, so need to determine that first.

2017 Mar 13
Yeah, I've seen a lot like that. I actually make a few. I'm having fun experimenting with a method to make the big red faucet handle be the lighting control by turning it.

BTW, they're ready if you want one. I'll be putting them up on my website tonight.