Looking for " Combos" [General]

2007 Dec 15
Hi everyone,
I am looking to surprise my hubby with Combos in his stocking this Christmas. For those of you who don't know what they are, they are pretzel snacks filled with a "cheese like" product :) I have seen them at the airport, and we always buy them in the States , but I have never seen them anywhere else! Help me Ottawa Foodies!

2007 Dec 15
Mac's convenience stores used to have them...

2007 Dec 15
I'm pretty sure I've seen small packs of them at the 7-11 on Scott Street before. You should probably call them first before running down there of course, unlss you live right next door, I don't want to send you on some wild goose chase.

2007 Dec 15
I checked Costco for the big bags while I was there today, no luck.

2007 Dec 15
Come to think of it, I used to buy them at a store in Waterloo called Real Canadian Wholesale Club. (think Costco, but owned by Loblaws)

Have you checked our local Superstores or Loblaws? Given that they are owned by the same company, one would think that those stores would stock them as well.

2007 Dec 15
I had a quick look today at the Real Canadian Superstore (Kanata) but didn't see them. On the other hand, I hadn't heard of them before this discussion, so I didn't really know what to look for...

2007 Dec 15
Fresh Foodie, you are not missing much (though my hubby might disagree!)

Thanks everyone for your quick replies!

2007 Dec 17
Someone once told me that you could get them at the Cash-N-Carry on Cyrville near Ormes. It's open to the public. I'm not sure if that's the name or not, but it's worth a shot. I've never really seen them anywhere else.

2007 Dec 17
Usually see Combos at gas stations and convenience stores.

2007 Dec 17
I used to snack on these quite a bit of when I went to the University of Ottawa. At the time, it was available at the convenience store that was located at the Unicentre.

The National Grocer Cash and Carry is located at 1435 Cyrville Rd and sells mostly to restaurants and corner stores but anyone can shop there. They carry a huge selection of candies you find at the front counters of any neighborhood corner store. I don’t remember seeing Combos there but I’m certain that they sell them. Every time I’m there, I’m tempted to pick up a big box of Pop Rocks.

2007 Dec 18
ed,

The National Grocers outlet sounds much like the Real Canadian Warehouse Store I used to buy Combos at. I'd be willing to bet they stock what rdmsgirl is looking for.

2007 Dec 19
They have some at the convenience store in my building downtown. 130 Albert Street. They have a bunch in there.

2007 Dec 19
Oh... that reminds me of this unfortunately named Japanese snack food: www.engrish.com

2007 Dec 28
N8, they’re both owned by Loblaws. I’ve never been to a Real Canadian Wholesale so I can’t compare the look of the stores. The best way to describe the Cash and Carry is it’s a no frills type of store. The prices are not any better unless you buy in bulk.

FF, I love these poorly named products. I’m an ex-smoker and whenever friends went to Taiwan, I’d get them to bring back a brand called Longlife.