exotic fruit vendors [Food/Vendor]

2015 Apr 20
Any suggestions for shops selling exotic or otherwise interesting produce? I've pretty much bought everything the byward fruit market has to offer so I'm looking for some new places to get my weird fruit fix..

2015 Apr 20
Produce Depot is my go-to for exotic produce. I've only been to the one on Carling. Definitely worth a visit if you've never been!

2015 Apr 20
I agree with FF. Produce Depot is one of my favourite stores and right at the front of the store they have all kinds of fruit I have never seen anywhere else in Ottawa.

2015 Apr 20
Not as big as Produce Depot but I would recommend Kowloon and Green Fresh Supermarket in Vanier in the Vanier Parkway/McArthur neighbourhood. Also, Cedars.

2015 Apr 22
Avoid durian . . . .

2015 Apr 27
Anywhere we can find these fruits organic?

2015 Apr 28
Of the three I suggested I'm pretty sure Cedars is the only one that sells organic fruits as does Byward Fruit Market. Market Organics also sells organic fruits but usually just the standard ones like apples, bananas, etc. If you are interested in an organic delivery service I could recommend Ottawa Organics. I used to get delivery from them awhile ago and Matt would occasionally throw in some unusual fruit or veggie.