Vegetarian or Vegan gravy? [General]

2014 Oct 3
Is there anywhere I can buy vegetarian or vegan gravy? I'd like something nicer than can or gravy mix. I more traditional style or mushroom style gravy, but even a miso gravy might be ok. I'd just like to buy something that can be heated up or easily prepared ahead of time.

2014 Oct 3
I've bought the tofurkey gravy at loblaws/superstore/independent and I LOVE it! It's a little expensive but worth it!

2014 Oct 3
I've never seen it before. Where do I find it? By tofurkey, on shelves, in freezer?

2014 Oct 4
I've always found it next to the whole tofurkys especially around the holidays.

2014 Oct 6
You can probably make this one and freeze it in ziplock bags, then heat one up as needed: allrecipes.com

2014 Oct 8
Thanks. I looked and couldn't find Tofurkey gravy and the other options were powered 'brown gravy'. I am going to try the recipe Francis posted above and this recipe for roasted garlic gravy and we will have a gravy off.
www.epicurious.com

2014 Oct 8
This is the gravy I made last Christmas and it was really good:
umamigirl.com

2014 Oct 12
Was at herb and spice on bank today and snapped this pic for you.

I do also like the style of gravy made with nutritional yeast I just don't always have the patience to make it.

2014 Oct 15
People on vegan sites are raving about happy herbivore mushroom gravy:

www.forksoverknives.com

go to around 17:00 in the video to see the gravy made

and:

A good (and quick) mushroom gravy:

- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup cashew pieces
- 1/4 c braggs liquid amino acids
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-4 oz can of mushroom stems and pieces
- justice from mushroom can

Blend all ingredients except mushrooms until creamy. Cook over medium heat until gravy thickens, then fold in mushrooms. (Or...for smooth gravy, just whiz in the mushrooms at the same time).

This recipe is also a great mushroom soup replacement in recipes!

2014 Oct 16
This is a great page about vegan substitutes (not specifically gravy):

freefromharm.org