Best place to get good biscotti/samosas [General]

2014 May 24
Any suggestions for places to get good biscotti's or samosas? Preferably bayward market or east-end (st.laurent area)

Cheers

2014 May 24
It realize that the place I am going to recommend is in the west end, not the east, but they make terrific samosas. You can order regular sized ones or a smaller, appetizer size, They also have a delicious tamarind sauce you can get for use as a dipping sauce. The place is called Rinag, and it is off Hunt Club near Merivale. They sell vegetable, chicken or beef.

2014 May 24
Is Rinag not the same company that sells to grocery stores like Loblaws and Farm Boy?

2014 May 24
Yes, Rinag sells to grocery stores. It's our favourite place to get Indian food for feeding a crowd—they sell it by the kilogram, more cheaply than restaurants with comparable quality.

But you won't find biscotti there. My favourite biscotti are from Melinda's Biscotti in Sidney, BC. Not much help, I know. Locally, Simply Biscotti would seem like an obvious choice for Biscotti.

2014 May 25
Second Simply Biscotti. I like the samosas at Nasa Food (Somerset/Booth).
Nasa Food Centre, 802 SOMERSET ST W. They have them in the front case and have a few options. I've had some really spicy ones, so ask if that is an issue.

2014 May 28
I like the Biscotti from Nicastros in the Byward market- the chocolate chip one is good, so is the almond one.

The Bank st store is not owned by the same people and they do not make biscotti at that location.

Worst samosas for me is Indian Biryani House on Bank- they were swimming in some yellow kind of oil and my take-out bag was soaked in greasse.
Apparently they do not make their own samosas and they are refried, so I was told....

2014 May 28
I'm still waiting for the samosa flavoured biscotti and/or the biscotti flavoured samosa.

2014 May 28
Another west-end one, but we like the samosas from Vaishali's Super Store on Wylie, across from the Colosseum Theatre and next to the Little India Cafe.