Best places for soup (Ottawa west) [General]

2014 Jan 23
I'm looking for suggestions on where to find a good bowl of soup in Ottawa west or Westboro area.

I've tried Swiss Pastries..I like a few of their flavours but generally find they have a limited selection.
Thyme & Again...good soup but really difficult to find parking at lunchtime.

Your ideas are appreciated.

2014 Jan 23
Petit Bill's
Parma Ravioli
Gastropub
Caffe Ventuno
Etc.
Any good restsurant along that strip doesn't mind if you only order soup. Even s bowl of Tom Yum Gai from Thai Bistro can work wonders on a cold winters day.

2014 Jan 23
The Thai chicken soup from Swiss Pastries is pretty great. I imagine you've tried it already though.

2014 Jan 23
For more of a take-away or deli/sandwich counter type place as opposed to a sit down restaurant such as those mentioned, I've heard good things about the Lazy Pickle on Carling @ Broadview. They have 2 homemade soups daily (and many GF items). Their facebook page lists Potato & Leek, Mexican Bean, Turkey Vegetable, Coconut Split Pea, Tomato & Basil, and Thai Chicken as recent offerings.

2014 Jan 23
The soup at the Wellington Gastropub is usually excellent. Also, the soup at the Flying Banzini was really good, but they've had some consistency issues.

2014 Jan 23
I have always liked the soups that Juniper makes. Plus there is usually parking available in front and if not, they have a small parking lot in the back.

2014 Jan 24
The beef or chicken satay at Huong's on Booth is gloooooooooooooooorious.

2014 Jan 26
I second Petit Bill's for soup. I've had their pea soup twice during Newfie Supper Nights, and it was amazing. I can only assume their regular menu soups are tasty as well. I had a great tomato and roasted red pepper bisque with savoury croutons at milestone (twice). Also I've said it before but the french onion soup at Rockwell's (Merivale) is amazing!

2014 Jan 26
I have had excellent soup at Cafe Mio, Village Cafe and Allium. Allium sells it by the cup if you want a small one with a lunch.